Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2020, 02:33 PM   #1
Model_A

Default Hi all. New guy. Model A engine rebuilder questions.

Hi all. New guy from FL here. About to take posession of the Model A that has been in my family since basically the 1930s. It was a runner/driver as recently as the 90's but has been sitting and will need work. There are also some other quirks, etc. I'll know more when it arrives and I'm sure I'll probably be a regular member around here as the restoration commences.

Knowing my own limitations, I'm going to have the engine rebuilt. I'd like to get the car reliable enough that I can take it for 2 hour roundtrip drives to my cabin without having to worry.

I've used the search function and also Googled for more info (which is how I found this forum) but I'd be interested in hearing direct feedback from forum members about the various people/businesses that offer rebuilding Model A plants as a service. Is there an 'obviously right choice' among them? I'd also like any advice on what 'options' and upgrades beyond a standard service are worthwhile/important.

While originality is somewhat important, the absolute most important thing is reliability, so I'm willing to have upgrades/modernization performed if it will make the care more reliable.

Thanks for any help!
Model_A is offline   Reply With Quote