Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-01-2020, 07:44 AM   #21
Mike Peters

Default Re: I made my 75 Birthday - Hooray

Wayne: We're not done yet. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!
mike
Mike Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:49 AM   #22
rocket1

Happy birthday,78 years young driving the "A" since 1961
rocket1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #23
Chris Haynes

Happy Birthday!!!
I've made it to 75.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?
Chris Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:32 PM   #24
Russ B

Happy Birthday! I am less than a year behind you. Still walking, but keep a cane handy. Drove the 51 coupe yesterday and the 29 cabriolet last week we gotta keep movin’. Chaotic year, but we are still here.
Russ B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:27 AM   #25
Terry, NJ

I'm in the "Three quarters of a century club" too (76 in july) My aches and pains are growing, the time I can work is getting shorter! I can't imagine why? That's why I listed my Town Sedan, I know I'll never finish it. Could it be some of that cheap beer I drank when I was younger? Maybe it was all the cigarettes I inhaled. We all feel guilty about our younger lives and the things we did! Oh if only---------! The truth is we were just like everyone else and we weren't (most of us anyway) so bad. Age can be a pretty nice thing at times. My hearing is, uhh, we'll' just say "Not so good" anymore. I've already had the operation for cataracts, best thing I ever did! My left knee is giving me a lot of trouble. I watched my Dr stick a rather large needle in it and draw off about a half a cup of clear water out of it. I've got a cyst on my private parts. And low back pain from my old scoliosis operation. God, there's a lot of pain sometimes! But I still can do at least a half a day's work! I'm finishing up one of the apartments in my three family. Somehow,This is new, I always thank God for a new day each morning. I never was religious but I've to think about just how precious and tenous life is. Happy Birthday!
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:57 AM   #26
McMimmcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry, NJ View Post
I'm in the "Three quarters of a century club" too (76 in july) My aches and pains are growing, the time I can work is getting shorter! I can't imagine why? That's why I listed my Town Sedan, I know I'll never finish it. Could it be some of that cheap beer I drank when I was younger? Maybe it was all the cigarettes I inhaled. We all feel guilty about our younger lives and the things we did! Oh if only---------! The truth is we were just like everyone else and we weren't (most of us anyway) so bad. Age can be a pretty nice thing at times. My hearing is, uhh, we'll' just say "Not so good" anymore. I've already had the operation for cataracts, best thing I ever did! My left knee is giving me a lot of trouble. I watched my Dr stick a rather large needle in it and draw off about a half a cup of clear water out of it. I've got a cyst on my private parts. And low back pain from my old scoliosis operation. God, there's a lot of pain sometimes! But I still can do at least a half a day's work! I'm finishing up one of the apartments in my three family. Somehow,This is new, I always thank God for a new day each morning. I never was religious but I've to think about just how precious and tenous life is. Happy Birthday!
Terry
Thanks Terry I have been down many of the same roads and yes I thank God every morning for one more day! Kind regards, Wayne
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:06 AM   #27
Agent Orange

Funny...
Agent Orange is offline   Reply With Quote