Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 02:20 PM   #21
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers
Default Re: Warning bad seller on FordBarn

I would have thought that by now the seller, being a Barner, would have come on this thread if he had anything to say in his behalf. Haven't seen anything yet.

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
Old 07-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #22
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. L. Chauvin View Post
FWIW:

Read once where a very old Psychology Teacher entered a large class with a half glass of water whereby the young psychology students thought .... not again ..... same old worn out question .... Is the glass half full or half empty?

This old teacher asked for a volunteer whereby she handed the half glass of water to this very fit, young male student & asked this student to hold the glass outward with an extended arm.

She next asked if the half glass of water was heavy, whereby the student laughed and answered, "Not at all!"

Half way through class the student asked if he could put the glass down, and the old Psychology Teacher asked, "But why?"; whereby the young student responded that the half glass had become so very heavy, his arm was really hurting, and was even starting to become numb.

The old Teacher responded, "Well, OK .... and here is today's Psychology Lesson:

1. In life, we often acquire problems which are very bothersome.

2. The longer we hold on to this one problem, the worst it becomes to where we waste such valuable time allowing our entire body and brain to become focused on this one problem.

3. On the other hand, it seems it would be much better to concentrate on enjoying what is left in our very short lives ahead of us, and ......................... :

JUST DROP THE DAMN GLASS!
Pay attention to Henry, he is a very wise man ! Wayne
Old 07-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #23
Steve_Mack_CT

Bingo H.L. I know in my case, at the end of the day I will pay for a shop to restore the light I bought ending up with a $300 light with double or more invested. A low life got me but didn't get the chance to jerk me around with empty promises or fair offers like displayman apparently got. Move on, but be sure to warn others as well.

I would hope anyone reading this think twice about doing business with this guy, diplayman might be saving someone a lot of grief so a good post, IMHO.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:51 PM   #24
boatbob2

Question Re: Warning bad seller on FordBarn

WHY??? would you pay $200.00,for an owner to remove the parts he had advertised for sale???????? UNLESS,he told you UPFRONT you had to pay to get them removed......
Old 07-14-2015, 12:02 AM   #25
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbob2 View Post
WHY??? would you pay $200.00,for an owner to remove the parts he had advertised for sale???????? UNLESS,he told you UPFRONT you had to pay to get them removed......
He did not pay an additional 200 for the removal. The seller is willing to refund his money less 200.00 he feels he is owed for the labor to remove them.

As he said he paid;

250.00 each (500.00)
100.00 shipping
600.00 total

Seller is willing to refund the amount paid (500.00) minus his labor 200.00 for a total refund of 300.00.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:48 AM   #26
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
He did not pay an additional 200 for the removal. The seller is willing to refund his money less 200.00 he feels he is owed for the labor to remove them.

As he said he paid;

250.00 each (500.00)
100.00 shipping
600.00 total

Seller is willing to refund the amount paid (500.00) minus his labor 200.00 for a total refund of 300.00.
Hey Mike, just now noticed your quote you have:

"What's right about America is that although we have a mess of problems, we have great capacity - intellect and resources - to do some thing about them". - Henry Ford II

Here is something Yogi Berra would say in response:

"If Henry Ford II was living today, he be happy is was dead"

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
Old 07-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #27
stouchton

The way I see it, seller sold "removed" parts and added no fee.

He is getting returned his "removed" parts. The argument should be about shipping, not the removal fee. It was never part of the transaction.

A truly un-class act.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #28
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by stouchton View Post
The way I see it, seller sold "removed" parts and added no fee.

He is getting returned his "removed" parts. The argument should be about shipping, not the removal fee. It was never part of the transaction.

A truly un-class act.
True
Old 07-14-2015, 03:03 PM   #29
Fred K-OR

Must be a slow time for productive things to do!
Old 07-14-2015, 03:13 PM   #30
RobertB

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenspoke View Post
The way I see it he offered for you to return the parts....Its on you
Only if he returns the money and the cost of shipping, otherwise, he risks his original price, original shipping, and the return shipping cost.

He have shipped them back with a COD to cover the costs, but if the seller didn't agree, it would probably only result in his having to pay the shipping cost to get them back.

Before I jump to conclusions, I would like to know what terms he offered for you to return the parts.

At this point the seller could at least offer a portion of the money back.

Safer to buy on Ebay where you can see the sellers score and feedback.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:57 PM   #31
ericr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertB View Post
Only if he returns the money and the cost of shipping, otherwise, he risks his original price, original shipping, and the return shipping cost.

He have shipped them back with a COD to cover the costs, but if the seller didn't agree, it would probably only result in his having to pay the shipping cost to get them back.

Before I jump to conclusions, I would like to know what terms he offered for you to return the parts.

At this point the seller could at least offer a portion of the money back.

Safer to buy on Ebay where you can see the sellers score and feedback.
you are quite correct plus on E=bay you have the protection of PayPal.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:28 PM   #32
Vern

From my experience, buying on eBay is no guarantee either.
I bid on a rear fender for my Victoria, the buyer had great feedback, and I asked him directly if there were any breaks in the bead or rust thru. His reply was that there were no breaks or any rust.
You can proably figure what I got. And to top it off, he emailed me later to say he had undercharged me for the shipping and wanted an additional $50. I declined and sent him photos of the bead breaks and rust thru.
Anymore, if you can't hold the piece in your hand, the ole rule of caveat emptor rules.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:08 PM   #33
H. L. Chauvin

Hi Bob,

Like with similar experiences of many others, buying unseen merchandise today always translates into some sort of a risky situation.

We all heard recently about this 100% promised TRUST: We can keep our doctor and keep our insurance ?????? New fad that some people today adore.

Most of us on Model A forums say nothing after getting burnt; however, in message no. 1, you should be commended for taking your valuable time to share your unpleasant experience.

"If" you mail them back, I'm willing to bet two (2) wagon loads of sweet potatoes that he may charge the next buyer a $200.00 removal fee, even though they are already removed.

Maybe think of it this way .......by not sending anything back, he loses his future contemplated $200.00 bonus removal fee that he thinking about ....... let him hold the glass.

Last edited by H. L. Chauvin; 07-14-2015 at 10:00 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-14-2015, 11:41 PM   #34
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

I am shocked that Mr. Styron did not show up to defend his action ! A perfect time is now to redeem himself and offer a partial refund to this buyer ! Wayne
Old 07-17-2015, 02:26 PM   #35
Bob C

Here is his response.

nwclassics

Re: Warning, Bad seller on Forum
this is george im the guy that sold the fenders there was no mention that these fender were for a mercury he said he had a convertible i told him the would fit if he cut seamed then right at the edge of the fender after he received he emailed me and said he wasnt happy claimed they were rusty the fenders and they were bent they were not bent when they left here he said he wanted his money back i told him to send the fenders back and i would give him his money back he told me its to late now i have already sand blasted them and started to repair them but he told me if i didnt give his money back he would make a bad report on the hamb and the ford barn thats when i new this guy is a con he wants the inner fenders and his money back to he kept telling me you have to protect your reputation i asked him how about your reputation he said im a buyer so my reputation doesnt matter he later phone and emailed and said he was going to return the fenders but he wanted me to give him 700.00 first i wasnt born yasterday i have been selling used car parts no for 14 years 90% of what i sell goes to repete customers so i must not be all that bad this guy is a con if any one wants to se pictures of the inner fender that we sent him i well send them to you and that way you can be the judge of how is right and how is wrong george 406-5432591 [email protected]
Old 07-17-2015, 02:37 PM   #36
C26Pinelake
BANNED

George. Possibly in your defense you should post the pictures on this site. You have been painted as a bad guy and quite possibly that is not the case. The pictures would certainly. help, Wayne.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:45 PM   #37
Blessyouboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C View Post
Here is his response .......
Somebody please buy that guy a grammar checker. Reading that response makes my head hurt.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:50 PM   #38
Bob C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessyouboys View Post
Somebody please buy that guy a grammar checker. Reading that response makes my head hurt.
It's only one sentence.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:52 PM   #39
Blessyouboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C View Post
It's only one sentence.
Are you sure? Is there a period in there that I missed?
Old 07-17-2015, 02:54 PM   #40
bunnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessyouboys View Post
X2. I didn't make it all the way through.
Closed Thread