Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
Cape Codder

Default Questions of Settings / Symbols on Ford Barn

Will someone please explain or tell me where the info is to set up the pages. I'm looking to find out how I can set the site to messages that I have read and also for those that someone has posted to after I have already read it.
Thanks for your time.
Joe Grobleski
Cape Cod
Cape Codder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
Dennis Pereira

Default Re: Questions of Settings / Symbols on Ford Barn

Try the top of page user cp
Dennis Pereira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
Pothole Jim

Default Re: Questions of Settings / Symbols on Ford Barn

Couple quick little tips.

1) the next time you log in there is a little box next to your name called "REMEMBER ME", check it, it will automatically log you in next time you come to the website.

2) To refresh your screen press the "F5" key at the top of the keyboard.

3) When you are done reading a page, go to the top of the page and you will see a map of where you are, just below the black line that will look like this: The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53), select the last one, in this case "EARLY V-8" and it will take you back to the front page of this section. By doing this you will activate the read threads. When you go back to the front page you will see that the thread you just left will now be black, if there are no new posts to that thread.

4) By going to the "USER CP" You can go into your setting and add a setting that will send you a "PM" (Private Message), if there has been new postings in response to input you placed in a thread.

5) If there is a thread that you find interesting and want to keep it for future. At the the top of the thread in the Orange bar you will find "THREAD TOOLS" , select it and then select "SUBSCRIBE". This will keep this in your personal favorites. While selecting it will ask you "NOTIFICATION TYPE" , you can select E-mail notifications, if new posting on that topic. These notifications will be sent by E-mail.

6) If you want to visit one of your favorite posting that you have subscribed to. In the BLACK BAR you can find "QUICK LINKS", select. Then select "SUBSCRIBED THREADS", it will show you all your favorites. It will also quickly take you to your PM'S, your personal contacts, etc.

7) when you log in you will see the headings are in BOLD for the threads that are new since your last log in, these will also show Icons as explained in tip #8. The threads that are titled in plain text are old posts from the last time you have loged in, they also follow the icons shown in tip #8.

8) Go to the bottom of any forum page and it will show you a legend of different icons. It acts as a directory of where you have been, have you posted there before, any new threads on a post that I viewed. it looks like this:

Hot thread with new posts - This is a new post that is very popular, lots of reads and posts.

Hot thread with no new posts - This is a popular thread that has slowed down a bit and has no new posts on it.

No new posts - This is an older post that you have read that is still active but there are no new postings on it.

Thread is closed - this one is self explanatory, its closed due to content that doesn't belong here. Might be closed due to language, bickering, arguing, or just subject matter off topic for the forum.

You have posted in this thread - This is a thread that you have previously commented on.

Hope this will help you some.

Last edited by Pothole Jim; 05-14-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Pothole Jim is offline   Reply With Quote