Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
eagle

Default New interior on my 29 Briggs fordor

Just replaced the interior on my Briggs Fordor Blindback. I was sweating bullets... I have about a 2.5hr drive (1 way)to a good upholstery store and the color and type I found, they only had 3 yds of. I bought it anyway, hoping I could cut enough corners to make it fit, and it worked! I replaced the headliner, and all of the panel upholstery except the door panels and seats. All of the leftover scraps fit into a quart ziplock bag...that is too close! It turned out really nice, it took me one evening and then all day Saturday. Its quite a job. The headliner actually was the easiest part. This is my first time doing upholstery and it was a fun project. The window shade is an original and is pretty dirty and stained so I am going to see if I can get it cleaned before I put it back in, but thats all thats left. So, if anyone wants my advice, get four yards to be comfortable! I found an old Singer sewing machine in my shed, it was almost siezed up, I oiled it up and got it running. It will sew through 3 layers of cloth AND the cardboard type backing board with no problem. When I went to the sewing machine store to get a new belt, the salesman asked if I wanted to sell it. Said that there are people coming in every week looking for this model for upholstery work. I can see why.
eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: New interior on my 29 Briggs fordor

See if you can use a steam to unlock the stain & dirt in the window shade fabric where you can blot it out.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote