Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #21
Logan

Default Re: Check out this 400A on Craigslist!

Price is probably fair if it's in decent condition, and the wood isn't rotted out of it. Color scheme isn't original, but it doesn't look bad on it. A complete running A400 that needs total restoration will sell for roughly 20k. To buy one all done that's atleast of driver quality for 35-41k doesn't seem to out be out of question. Atleast not to me, but after working in the restoration field for several years now, and after having been apart of a A400 restoration, I know how expensive the build can get real quick.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #22
peters180a/170b

To swo4rd..... the answer to your question,,,, " NO " Original Fordor "STANDARD PHAETON had the same interior as 400A , 180A and 40B...There are "NO" Fordor Deluxe phaetons...Now 1930/31 STANDARD PHAETON came in Black/Brown two-tone Cobra Cross grain artificial leather. They did not come Deluxe top material , did not come with Deluxe interior and NO Cream wheels and NO color combo WASHINGTON BLUE / RIVIERA BLUE ! Am i getting close to the car you have seen? I was barred off a FACEBOOK site that someone with GREAT OLD pictures posted. I seen such a car just finished and read: FULLY "CORRECT" RESTORED ..That's when i corrected him and got barred...i can not make anymore comments...on his post...I made a honest correction to his wrong description..Anyone can do what ever they want to do with their car but don't state FULLY """CORRECT""" RESTORED CAR...and think you can get away with it...

Last edited by peters180a/170b; 04-21-2014 at 05:57 PM.
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #23
todd3131

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters180a/170b View Post
To swo4rd..... the answer to your question,,,, " NO " Original Fordor "STANDARD PHAETON had the same interior as 400A , 180A and 40B...There are "NO" Fordor Deluxe phaetons...Now 1930/31 STANDARD PHAETON came in Black/Brown two-tone Cobra Cross grain artificial leather. They did not come Deluxe top material , did not come with Deluxe interior and NO Cream wheels and NO color combo WASHINGTON BLUE / RIVIERA BLUE ! Am i getting close to the car you have seen? I was barred off a FACEBOOK site that someone with GREAT OLD pictures posted. I seen such a car just finished and read: FULLY "CORRECT" RESTORED ..That's when i corrected him and got barred...i can not make anymore comments...on his post...I made a honest correction to his wrong description..Anyone can do what ever they want to do with their car but don't state FULLY """CORRECT""" RESTORED CAR...and think you can get away with it...
Was the car for sale on Facebook!
todd3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:09 AM   #24
Brother Hesekiel

"All original."

Sure.

Brother Hesekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #25
peters180a/170b

TODD3131 ...no ,,the person who post pictures of "A's" and early V8's and Bikes posted the picture... He must of taken the picture or someone sent it to him... it was not for sale..The one thing that bugs me is the words RESTORED "{CORRECTLY}''Someone not in the know will pay for the incorrectly restored "A" or a person with a Model "A" wanted the same look and thinks its correct. Until he shows it or tries to sell it after dumping a ton of money into it.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:13 PM   #26
todd3131

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters180a/170b View Post
TODD3131 ...no ,,the person who post pictures of "A's" and early V8's and Bikes posted the picture... He must of taken the picture or someone sent it to him... it was not for sale..The one thing that bugs me is the words RESTORED "{CORRECTLY}''Someone not in the know will pay for the incorrectly restored "A" or a person with a Model "A" wanted the same look and thinks its correct. Until he shows it or tries to sell it after dumping a ton of money into it.
I hate to say it but I have seen this scenario more time than I can remember but if someone is going to buy any type of collector car they need to educate themselves about the car they are going to buy and they need to have someone who is knowledgeable look at it also I have done this many times for people,
It is buyer beware.
todd3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #27
peters180a/170b

Your right Todd , i was showing a fully restored 1931 coupe and a owner of another 1931 coupe came up to me and said i was missing my grab handles.... [ i said they are call TOP REST RAILS] for Roadsters when the top is folded down... They did NOT come on coupes ! People put them on as a grab handle to get into the rumble seat... All he could say is the restoration shop said they were correct. Like you said if you are going to buy a car or have it restored DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #28
rocket1

add says early restoration,pictures don't show much,might not be worth it,you would have to see it.
rocket1 is offline   Reply With Quote