Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-22-2015, 10:35 AM   #1
Damifiknow

Default Beware of All Metal Classics of Idaho

Saw a Yellow 1973 Ford F100 Truck on ebay for sale. Called owner of company and he assured me several times the truck was rust free, original paint and ebay advertisement/description was accurate. He insisted on wire transfer for payment which I completed the next day. Several days later I asked for shipping info and he only sent the top portion of the receipt leaving out the cosmetic condition of vehicle as seen by shipper, ( ie: dents and damage). I asked for a copy of the whole shipping document to be sent but was ignored. I had the truck registered as required by Illinois law and paid the relevant taxes, title, and plate transfer fees. When truck arrived there was NO muffler and I couldn't even hear the shipper talking to me 3 feet away from the noise. Upon further inspection of the vehicle I have found every body panel, under truck and inside has some level of rust even thought the ad stated "Rust Free Idaho Vehicle". The ad also described a 390 cubic inch engine and I have had a mechanic measure piston travel and it is in fact a 360 cubic inch engine. Ad describes a leak free and issue free vehicle all of which are untrue. Gauges do not work, factory installed dual tank was not hooked up, every fluid leaked including oil, trans, radiator, and rear end fluids. Rear bumper was from another truck as it had extra mounting holes and licence plate lights were missing.Truck advertised and original paint and a yellow over spray can be seen on most of the stainless steel trim and rubber window seals. Yellow color on hood, doors, and front fenders did not match the yellow of the bed and cab. Large dents and deep gouges can be found on every body panel. Rear tire had a large bolt and leaked air from the moment it was removed from shipping semi. I immediately called the owner of All Metal Classics and he told me to keep it a few day I will learn to love it and then he hung up on me. He called back an hour later and said he would try to do something in a few day if I still was unhappy. I told him I would never accept this as the vehicle he advertised. Called him next day and he stated he needed a few day to resell the truck. He posted it for sale back on ebay and found a buyer. Promised me he would transfer money to me Friday and he did not transfer until the following Monday. I sent him a waver for the full reimbursement/refund but he only refunded the purchase price. He told me in a recorded phone call he would return my shipping and other expenses that would make me whole when I sent a picture of title. I sent said picture and have yet to hear from the owner of All Metal Classics. I have several pages of documents, text messages and recorded phone calls to support everything stated in the complaint.
Damifiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:25 AM   #2
dmsfrr

Default Re: Beware of All Metal Classics of Idaho

If you haven't already, file a complaint/claim with ebay also.
dmsfrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:54 PM   #3
trulyvintage

Question Re: Beware of All Metal Classics of Idaho

So - you were refunded your purchase price in full ?

You expect him the refund the transport cost too ?

Where is the truck now ?

Who has physical possession ?

JIm
trulyvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #4
Damifiknow

He sold truck to someone in Mass.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:16 PM   #5
Damifiknow

The owner of All Metal Classics Johnny Hetmer, is a POS and needs to be put out of business.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:24 PM   #6
WestCoast

Never, Never, Never purchase any car or truck until you have personally seen it, or had a qualified person inspect it. buying like that is like sending a western union m/o payment to Nigeria, your guaranteed to get screwed, and damn right he should expect to get his shipping cost refunded if the truck was no where near the quality stated in the add
WestCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #7
trulyvintage

Question Re: Beware of All Metal Classics of Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damifiknow View Post
The owner of All Metal Classics Johnny Hetmer, is a POS and needs to be put out of business.
He may have mis-represented the truck - but he reunded the purchase price
in full - correct ?

Then he re-sold the truck ?

So - where is the truck at this time ?

Jim
Old 06-22-2015, 08:38 PM   #8
trulyvintage

Lightbulb Re: Beware of All Metal Classics of Idaho

Do you still maintain physical possession of the truck ?

If so & if you want to possibly recover the additional cost(s) of transport,
mechanical diagnosis, etc ....

Consider releasing the truck back to the Seller only on the condition
that these costs are reimbursed in advance ...

You can reference them as " handling charges " .

Jim
Old 06-22-2015, 08:54 PM   #9
paul2748

Can never understand why some one would buy an expensive?? vehicle from some one they don't know without personally inspecting it.

So many stories of vehicle's condition being no where what they were advertised for.
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:18 PM   #10
streetdreams

Location: Howell, Michigan, USA, The Peoples Slightly Overspent Demodependancy of Michigan

Hey, consider yourself lucky. You got your money back. Most guys that wire money on an unseen car get hosed.
streetdreams is offline   Reply With Quote