Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #1
Flathead V8 60

Default 1937-40 Ford Flathead V-8 60 Horsepower Parts

I was under the impression that Ford Flathead V8 60 H.P. parts we're somewhat rare and somewhat hard to find. I was very mistaken. I have 6 Blocks and one has been partly rebuilt, however there is no interest in those or the other V-8 60 H.P. parts I have. A complete Transmission, 1 N.O.S Aluminum Factory Intake, 1 N.O.S Factory Aluminum Cylinder Head, Fans, and other items. I was asking $1,600 for everything, but I was offered $400 for everything. So thanks to that cheap S.O.B I will scrap everything. Everybody told me that Ford Flathead V-8 60 H.P Parts we're worth a little something. Not around here anyway. If I have to give it away then it will go to the Junkyard. I am done with cheap people. I more than likely will be leaving here as well. I was told to join this Group cause I was told here is where I would sell my Ford Flat Head V-8 60 H.P. Motors and Parts. Didn't work out so I will load them up tomorrow morning early and take it all in. Whatever I get I get. Thank you everybody here who was nice enough to look and nice enough to not be rude to me or Bullying. Thank you again. Good Bye to everybody and good luck with your sales. It just isn't in the Cards for me to sell this stuff I guess.
Flathead V8 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:22 PM   #2
Kube

Default Re: 1937-40 Ford Flathead V-8 60 Horsepower Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flathead V8 60 View Post
I was under the impression that Ford Flathead V8 60 H.P. parts we're somewhat rare and somewhat hard to find. I was very mistaken. I have 6 Blocks and one has been partly rebuilt, however there is no interest in those or the other V-8 60 H.P. parts I have. A complete Transmission, 1 N.O.S Aluminum Factory Intake, 1 N.O.S Factory Aluminum Cylinder Head, Fans, and other items. I was asking $1,600 for everything, but I was offered $400 for everything. So thanks to that cheap S.O.B I will scrap everything. Everybody told me that Ford Flathead V-8 60 H.P Parts we're worth a little something. Not around here anyway. If I have to give it away then it will go to the Junkyard. I am done with cheap people. I more than likely will be leaving here as well. I was told to join this Group cause I was told here is where I would sell my Ford Flat Head V-8 60 H.P. Motors and Parts. Didn't work out so I will load them up tomorrow morning early and take it all in. Whatever I get I get. Thank you everybody here who was nice enough to look and nice enough to not be rude to me or Bullying. Thank you again. Good Bye to everybody and good luck with your sales. It just isn't in the Cards for me to sell this stuff I guess.
The stuff is worth what someone will pay for it rather than what you may think it is worth.
Me? I'd rather have $400 than nothing. Kind of reminds me of biting ones nose off to spite his face.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:31 PM   #3
tubman

Selling stuff like this takes time. Don't get impatient. The market is small, so it takes a long while for the interested parties to find you. I had my '68 Corvette for sale for 8 months, but I finally got what I wanted.

Please don't scrap ANYTHING. Better to "pay it forward" and help the hobby.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:49 PM   #4
redmodelt

Your ad has only been on here for less then 9 days! It might help by removing/editing your rant in the question and suggestions section which I don't think had anything to do with this site anyway. Re the $400's, just tell them no and move on. While there is a market for V8-60 stuff it is not over night sales, takes time.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:03 PM   #5
VeryTangled

The only time I had some V-8 60 stuff for sale it was grabbed within minutes. That was in 2010-11 time frame at a V-8 Club national meet swap. I guess I ran into the right buyer...

I'd haul it away to save you the trip to the scrappers if I was within driving range, alas.

Everyone gets bitchy at times. I know I do.

By the way, Welcome to the FordBarn Forums. July 2019 join date says something.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:30 PM   #6
35fordtn

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Don’t scrap it!! If I was closer I’d be on my way!
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:49 PM   #7
paul2748

Kube's right - scrapping it will only deprive some on else and you still take the loss
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:38 PM   #8
papanomad

give it some time. also pictures will help sell faster.
papanomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #9
Kurt in NJ

You should work more on your ad, break it down, not many people want 6 bocks, put in some pictures, show some parts list, sizes of crank, bore, was it magnaflux----pedigree of completed machine work, do the other cores turn, or are they siezed/had water inside from being outside, put in some pictures of the NOS parts, ---is the manifold 37-39, or 1940 ---shiney sells, story sells------you say the other engines are rebuildable cores,---tell us why they are rebuildable
When you want to only sell as large lot, pick it up only, it narrows down your customer base to a "dealer"---your ad reads like a 400$ pile, fix your ad into something selling good stuff with pictures sowing how good your engines are, list all the parts---work on the ad, add comments to keep it "at the top", ask some questions on the forum about some of the parts, create interest, ----most likely the junkyard has someone lined up waiting to buy any flatheads that come in--

you have 2 tin side blocks, to be "rebuildable" the tin still has to be watertight to the iron ---???--if I was looking at your lot I would have different offer based on such considerations-----siezed engines get low offers when assembled and the extent internal rust/damage isn't visible
Kurt in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:13 AM   #10
Ol' Ron

Getting the word out, is the problem. Punishing the people that don't know of the existence of these parts, reflects more on your desire for money.
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #11
tubman

Excellent read on the situation, Ron. I notice he hasn't been back; I wish he had been and seen the wisdom of the opinions presented here.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:40 AM   #12
35fordtn

Looks like his first post advertising the items was July 1st. Stuff can take time to sell especially when potential buyers are not always local. Too bad he only gave the items a mere week to try and sell before scrapping it all. Someone in WI on here should pay a visit to his local scrap yard as where I live 6 flathead engines would be about $200 in scrap. I am the type I’d rather take a loss and give a part to someone who NEEDS it rather than scrapping it.
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:48 AM   #13
skidmarks

skidmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #14
Bob C

Since he lists his occupation as recycling yard I wonder if someone else scrapped
them and he was trying to make a quick buck on the parts.
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #15
Bored&Stroked

Quite the positive, contributing and inspirational Fordbarn member . . . guess I'll miss him . . .
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #16
skidmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C View Post
Since he lists his occupation as recycling yard I wonder if someone else scrapped
them and he was trying to make a quick buck on the parts.

His tutorial reads like a typical junkyard operator. This is speaking from experience....
skidmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #17
cas3

agreed. and one of the guys who would put the car in the crusher after you offered too little
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #18
Bored&Stroked

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm - haven't heard a peep out of him since we started pondering his occupation, motivation and uplifting commentary! LOL
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote