Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
Paul from Maine

Default Thanks for Help Ford Barners!

Last Wednesday I took the '29 Town Sedan out for a shakedown ride after she spent 54 years in a barn and then two months with me fixing her. Went 40 miles and she died. I had only a few minutes to look at her once I got her back in my barn and realized the coil was energized even when the points were open. Asked you guys for help. Lots of good suggestions. Finally got some time to troubleshoot this evening. Just as one of you suggested, it was the wire in the armored cabled grounding against the armor. Took me about forty minutes to confirm, but would have taken me forever to figure out if it wasn't for all the help from you Fordbarners! Detatched the ends from the armored cable, ran a wire between them, plugged one end into the switch, twisted the other end in to the distributer, put the bracket and nut (with no more armored cable) back on the stud, torqued it down to 55#, turned the key, stepped on the starter and she roared to life! Thanks Fordbarners! I had a nice little ride this evening thanks to you all!
Paul from Maine is offline   Reply With Quote