Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #1
Al Mack

Default Blue and Yellow horn wire

Could somebody please explain if the horn wire is one continuous wire from the ahooga horn on the headlight bar to the horn button on the steering wheel or not?

Also, where does it run in relationship to the steering column and where does it terminate at the top of column? When I look at a wiring diagram, it looks like the wire should run inside of the hollow light switch rod.

I have the steering column/assembly out of my 1931 pickup and have removed the horn button/light switch rod but haven't pulled the steering wheel off yet. I bought the pickup with just a bull horn operable off a button on the dash. No ahooga horn wiring to be found.

Bratton's list a horn rod repair kit #5780. Is this what I need and what are all the other parts for? Thanks for the help and/or pictures.
Al Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #2
SteveB31

Default Re: Blue and Yellow horn wire

Their is a yellow wire (always hot) that runs from the generator to the horn. Then the blue and yellow wire (always hot) runs from the horn to the bottom of the steering column in the center of the light switch. This wire contacts the wire that is INSIDE the horn rod , that runs up to the horn button, which grounds when you push that button.

Very easy.

The horn rod repair kit is the wire INSIDE th ehorn rod, plus the insulator and end on it.

Steve Becker
Berts Model A Center Inc
www.modelastore.com
SteveB31 is offline   Reply With Quote