Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #21
jaguar6165

Default Re: Radio Install?

Where is the best place to wire the remote wire to? I have installed the radio and thought the rear of the ingnition switch was good but when i hit the starter the radio turns off and doesnt come back on so right now it is connected to the amp meter. I would like to just turn the key to turn it on and off.
jaguar6165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #22
jaguar6165

I have worked out all the kinks in the radio and have been enjoying it for a couple of weeks now but I have one problem. if i listen to the radio i get a ticking in the speakers caused by the ignition in the car. I have been told if i change the plug wires to more modern wires and the wire from the coil to the distributor to a modern shielded wire it should go away. Anyone else have this problem.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #23
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar6165 View Post
I have worked out all the kinks in the radio and have been enjoying it for a couple of weeks now but I have one problem. if i listen to the radio i get a ticking in the speakers caused by the ignition in the car. I have been told if i change the plug wires to more modern wires and the wire from the coil to the distributor to a modern shielded wire it should go away. Anyone else have this problem.
Modern carbon center wire will help...It may not take all the noise out though.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #24
jaguar6165

ok thats what ive been told thanks.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #25
old1928fordguy

I mounted a Am FM radio under the dash in my 29 driver coupe. I went to Home Depot and got 3 large round magnets. I took of the radio case and bolted the magnets thru the case. It is then placed under the passanger side of the gas tank inside. The magnets hold the radio in place in a great location with no hole drilling or elaborate complicated brackets. This radio was a cheap one made by DUAL. It has no memory to run down your battery and Chanels are changed by a knob as well as the vouume. This unit was $39. 00 new on Ebay and has an IPOD jack. Two speakers sit in the package tray of my coupe. WORKS GREAT. I listened to it 5000 miles in the coupe last summer. Hope this helps , works for me. Phil in Denver
old1928fordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #26
Bruce Adams

After reading Del in NE Ohio's solution, I just pulled my West Marine Catalog, www.westmarine.com and saw some AM-FM-CD-MP3 radios with remote control 'clickers" for between $50 and $150, and some with wired remote control devices which are even waterproof.
I would probably combine one with one of those $20 PepBoys charger/12 volt source units whicn would probably gime me weeks of listening between charges.
Bruce Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #27
jaguar6165

Picked up a new coil wire and installed it last night. It works prefect, no more ticking from the speakers. Thanks