Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-31-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
raj4851

Default '39 door glass installation

I just installed the left door glass in my '39. It went pretty well. The right hand side is being real difficult. I started the left with the front down then rolled the regulator up "into" it an it seemed to fall into place. What am I doing wrong? Also, what is the placement of the stud on the bottom of the channel? I thought it went into the slot for the smoker's window but it doesn't seem to fit. I'm puzzled. Thanks in advance, Rod
raj4851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
37coop

Default Re: '39 door glass installation

Raj, i,v done the right hand window on my 39 coupe and it all went together no problem ,I also found the stud and slot didn't fit /match so I just left it and the window goes up and down and slides across perfectly,i know the stud does something but I tore the car apart 25 years ago including the windows,i was hoping somebody would give an answer but I guess its just you and me ,the left one I havnt done yet as I,v got paint work to do on it ,I reckon just forget the stud but its obviously there for a reason ....a mystery to me , cheers Jim.
37coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
40cpe

The stud does slide into the smokers slot as it nears the top going up. You can look down through the window opening and see it operate. I've had both sides out of my '38 and they went back OK. The window is contained by the side channels, I can't understand why it doesn't work correctly.
40cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #4
raj4851

Hey 37 coop & 40cpe, thanks for the replies. I'm still working at the right side glass but there's gotta' be a way. Thanks for your help, Rod
raj4851 is offline   Reply With Quote