Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-01-2024, 07:19 PM   #1
Motobassman

Default Any contacts in Australia or New Zealand for rebuilding 94 Holley Carbs?

Hi Ford Fanatics,

Anyone on hear know of, or can lead me to someone who may be a guru at rebuilding the classic 94 Holley Carbs in either Australia or New Zealand? I know there are legends in the USA that rebuild them, however time and astronomical Freight Cost aren't even an option from Australia (I'm based in Melbourne). So if anyone has any leads feel free to message me, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210207_115615.jpg (64.6 KB, 110 views)
Motobassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 07:48 PM   #2
KiWinUS

Default Re: Any contacts in Australia or New Zealand for rebuilding 94 Holley Carbs?

Easy to do BUT must use correct power valves Holley one look correct and fit but are way wrong and will run very bad. Many rebuild kits have the incorrect power valves.
KiWinUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 09:22 PM   #3
KiWinUS

Default Re: Any contacts in Australia or New Zealand for rebuilding 94 Holley Carbs?

Charlie Shwendler in NY is your man to get your carb rebuilt correctly. He has offered to rebuild it for you and all you have to do is pay shipping. He is the best. That’s a most gracious offer. Charlie also test runs each carburetor.
[email protected] is his email.

Last edited by KiWinUS; 02-01-2024 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:26 PM   #4
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motobassman View Post
Hi Ford Fanatics,

Anyone on hear know of, or can lead me to someone who may be a guru at rebuilding the classic 94 Holley Carbs in either Australia or New Zealand? I know there are legends in the USA that rebuild them, however time and astronomical Freight Cost aren't even an option from Australia (I'm based in Melbourne). So if anyone has any leads feel free to message me, thanks.

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:35 PM   #5
Brian

Charlie is indeed the man to rebuild 94's; he supplied me with one, [I'm in New Zealand], and it was a beautiful thing! Sure, the freight costs are getting up there, but it is money well spent! Do it once, do it right!
In my case, I didn't send him a core, he supplied the carb, so there was only the shipping one way. Whatever, you'll not go wrong with Charlie.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:08 PM   #6
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiWinUS View Post
Charlie Shwendler in NY is your man to get your carb rebuilt correctly. He has offered to rebuild it for you and all you have to do is pay shipping. He is the best. That’s a most gracious offer. Charlie also test runs each carburetor.
[email protected] is his email.
As Tony says, Charlie runs each carburetor on his test engine as seen here. "Charlie ny" is the ONLY choice in these matters!

Coop

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 03:46 AM   #7
Motobassman

Hey KiwinUS, Thanks for the tip....was really asking if someone knew of a person in Australia or New Zealand to keep freight costs down. But I have sent this guy Charile and email anyway. Not sure why he would want to rebuild my two Carburettors for FREE and I would only have to pay for freight? But I guess I'll find out.
Motobassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 04:26 AM   #8
Ziggster

I had never rebuilt a carb in my life, but decided to do it myself for my Holley 94. I’m in Canada and didn’t want to deal with the shipping/brokerage fees, and I’m only 1.5 hrs from the US NY state border. Lol! It was a fun little project.
Ziggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 12:48 AM   #9
danliveshere

John Kerr in Sydney builds holley94s and strombergs.
Pm me if you want his number. Dan.
danliveshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 01:27 AM   #10
ford38v8

With the setup you have, it’s quite possible that the only thing your carburetors need are correct main jets, power valves, air cleaners, and idle needle settings. Read up on the subject and have fun doing this simple task on your own.
Old 02-03-2024, 01:44 AM   #11
kiwi nz

I am in NZ, I have a stack of repair kits and a few carburetors to rebuild, how do i identify what is a correct power valve?
kiwi nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 03:16 AM   #12
KiWinUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi nz View Post
I am in NZ, I have a stack of repair kits and a few carburetors to rebuild, how do i identify what is a correct power valve?
I am back in New Zealand for several weeks so can’t post pics of of them. Hopefully someone can post of correct and incorrect.
Old 02-03-2024, 08:51 AM   #13
nickthebandit

Motobassman, you asked about Charlie NY and why he would re0build your carburetors for free. Charlie is that type of person, very open, very friendly, very knowledgeable, and very talented. As the saying goes, " Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." I know Charlie as a friend and as a customer. He is a genuine nice person. Take Charlie up on his offer, and thank him for doing his for you.
nickthebandit is offline   Reply With Quote