Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-30-2023, 03:08 PM   #1
wrndln

Default Drum taillight assembly questions

I have a question about the proper assembly of drum taillight parts. I am attaching some pictures of the three parts I have now - the nickel plated housing, the lense and the metal STOP plate. However after looking at Bratton's catalog, it shows two additional parts for drum taillights. The first is a lense gasket in the second picture and 2 small cork looking gaskets in the third picture. Were these two gaskets in the second and third pictures originally used when originally built or are they aftermarket items? If they were originally used, I assume the large lense gasket (picture #2) would be installed first in the housing. Next would be the lense. Third would be the small cork then the STOP plate. Lastly the special 2 part screw/nuts to hold everything together. I can't find a drawing that shows an exploded drawing of the drum taillight. If anyone has assembled a drum taillight and knows for sure how it is assembled, please let me know if these gaskets were originally used and if I understand how they are assembled.
Thanks
Rusty Nelson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drum taillight housing lense STOP.jpg (26.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Drum lense bracket gasket Brattons.jpg (38.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Drum circular gaskets Brattons.jpg (30.5 KB, 5 views)
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote