Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-26-2023, 05:00 AM   #1
ronn

Default Meet woodstown nj today...........

735 rt 40 woodstown

at the fairgrounds

see you there..............
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 01:03 PM   #2
ronn

Default Re: Meet woodstown nj today...........

actually was a pretty good flea. not as busy as I would have thought, but many vendors. also not that many cars for sale. for arguments sake, about 30 cars.

I would guess around 100-120 vendors.

Picked up a nicely upholstered L and B rumble seat. was done about 20 yrs ago, but still looking good. will be perfect in my slant, whose cushions need to be redone anyway.
A large round style gas tank, that would look great on a speedster build.
Bought a clean working Hutchins ahoogha horn as a spare. Also an old Packard thermometer.
a couple of smalls and thats it. really enjoyed the weather and the bonus was having my brother go with me.
will def head back next year.
No entrance fees and when I needed to pu the large items, let me drive my truck in wo
any problem whatsoever.

Kudos to those that run it. well done!
Old 03-26-2023, 02:34 PM   #3
Kurt in NJ

Good crowd, more vendors than I ever remember, got some t things,some v8 driveshaft couplers, a snap on vantage for 20$ and it even works!
For a while some of the aisles were gridlocked and hard to move down because of so many people.
Kurt in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 03:38 AM   #4
ronn

more vendors than I ever remember

agreed- I was pleasantly surprised, with all of the talk of many swap meets half full!
Old 03-27-2023, 08:43 AM   #5
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
more vendors than I ever remember

agreed- I was pleasantly surprised, with all of the talk of many swap meets half full!
This (-amongst others reporting the same with certain other swap meets) goes to show that swap meets as a whole are not dying. The bottom line from reading above is it seems there was plenty of good quality merchandise that Buyers wanted to purchase. This is the key.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:36 AM   #6
ronn

Brent, I really cant comment on the "good quality " merchandise. there was also a lot of garbage. Since I am not only into model As, there was quite a bit that peaked my interest. I guess the better question would be how much of the stuff sold? 10% 20%
or?
For me it was a day out with beautiful weather. We had 3 solid days of rain, so I think everyone was just enjoying walking around and chatting.
the shock was the mount of vendors. dont ever recall seeing so many. Maybe a lot of people were looking to cash in on their garage junk as a way of making the bills?
Inflation has hit everyone- admit it or not.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:19 AM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
Brent, I really cant comment on the "good quality " merchandise. there was also a lot of garbage. Since I am not only into model As, there was quite a bit that peaked my interest. I guess the better question would be how much of the stuff sold? 10% 20%
or?
For me it was a day out with beautiful weather. We had 3 solid days of rain, so I think everyone was just enjoying walking around and chatting.
the shock was the mount of vendors. dont ever recall seeing so many. Maybe a lot of people were looking to cash in on their garage junk as a way of making the bills?
Inflation has hit everyone- admit it or not.

A similar gauge is how much of the 'big ticket' items were sold. There will always be 'garbage' that comes to swap meets as people are purging their own garbage. Good merchandise will always sell to someone whereas common run-of-the-mill stuff that comes year after year without selling tends to kill a meet. And yes, inflation always hurts our hobby.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 02:22 PM   #8
Kurt in NJ

i saw a lot being carried out to parking area, i bought a not too rusty demountable t rim for 1\2 what i paid at hershey, found 2 v8 new driveshaft couplers in amongst chevrolet stuff.
always there are cycles, hershey had several years that i didn’t find anything special, then several years of great finds, good weather predictions are important
Kurt in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 03:30 PM   #9
ronn

What I appreciate most about this one day event is everyone is friendly. The guys directing traffic are polite and informative, wo being the "uber police" that Ive experienced at some of the large shows.
Carlisle doesnt allow you to go in to pu your purchases, so you are either at their beckon, or traipsing heavy huge items to your vehicle. I find it a real turnoff.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:14 AM   #10
sawzall

this is by far the best run swap meet in our area. the team / club that puts the show on has the process down to a science . Ironically everything I sold would fall into the "large item" category, a complete front suspension, fenders, a grill running boards etc.

as a long time attendee at this event i agree that the sellers seemed more plentiful, and due to the preceeding 3 days of rain many of the vendors were closer to the main access road away from the ground that was a little soggy.