Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-07-2021, 07:46 AM   #21
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Winfield Tool KRW Hub Puller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac VP View Post
Thanks for the referral but we no longer have any of the drum pullers available.....for rent or otherwise. We had two of them but not anymore. One broke beyond repair after years of use. The other one sprouted legs and ran away in California.....the renter never returned our calls.....or the tool. Winfield went out of business so we could not order parts or more of the tools.
Mac, I believe the quality of the Vintage Precision version is equal to the Winfield/KRW pullers, but if those rental items sprout wings, I'd be out of that business as well.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:20 AM   #22
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
Vintage Precision is in California.......I just bought one of their hub pullers, the absolute best purchase I have ever made.....top quality puller and better IMO than the KR Wilson. IT doesn't push directly on the axle end like the KR Wilson.
I believe the insinuation made in the above post was the Vintage Precision is of better quality than the KRW....Because the Vintage Precision doesn't push directly against the axle end like the KRW. Insinuating the KRW pushes directly against the end of the axle...which it doesn't.
Also, I'm certain I torque my KRW puller more than 125 ft/#'s on some occasions where drum/hub assemblies have been initially torqued to the correct specifications on a good tapered fit.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-13-2021, 05:53 PM   #23
dwick01

I originally put my hubs on at 220 foot pounds and the Vintage Precision Puller pulled them off my '47 super deluxe. Pulled the right rear off yesterday and the left rear off today. Not saying it's better than the KRW but am saying it works for me. It's an impressive tool and very worth having. Just my humble opinion.
dwick01 is offline   Reply With Quote