Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-30-2020, 12:51 AM   #1
ModelAWagon

Lightbulb Looking for information on Raymond M. Anderson

As some of you know, I am the Director of the Woody Wagons Special Interest Group that is associated with MARC and MAFCA. The group is for Station Wagons, Special Deliveries, Traveler Wagons and recently we added Hucksters. In late 2019, I took over the Woody Wagons group with the unfortunate passing of Tim Johnstone from McAllen, Texas. Mr. Johnstone was the Editor of the Newsletter from 1980 to 2019.

Before Mr. Johnstone was the Editor, Raymond M. Anderson was the chartered founder and driving force to get the Woody Wagons started and ran from 1972-ish to 1979. It initially started in association with MAFCA because I have a copy of a letter he wrote in February 20, 1973 and had 20 people from across the USA interested in being members.

I am working on a special SIG project that I would like to find information about Ray and more importantly a photo of him. I have called approximately 20 longtime members of the Woody Wagons with no information. There was only one member I spoke with who met him and actually visited him in Virginia during a National Model A event in Washington DC. In further research through the Woody Wagons Archives, I found out that he was from Arlington, VA in the 1970s.

While I am assuming and suspecting he may have been a member of a local Model A club or maybe even a nearby Model A Club in Virgina. Ray did own a station wagon during the 1970s and possibly into the 1980s but Tim Johnstone had no records of him after 1983.

1: Would anyone happen to have any information about Raymond M. Anderson?
2: Maybe a long time friend may have known him?
3: Maybe someone knows a family member?
4: Maybe his Station Wagon is in the area or owned by a club member? SW 1929 A3075241. Murray Body number M250-6920. (no record of current owner that I know of)

Ultimately, I would like to get some information for my project and to do a write-up also for inclusion of our Woody Wagons newsletter. The WW members that I spoke with are assuming he passed away but have no idea when (obituary?). It is a major mystery because we do not know how old he was when he started the Woody Wagons. I have a phone call into Tim Johnstone's spouse also, but am waiting for a call back from her.

I know it is a long shot, but hey...... you never know if you don't ask. Just trying to put the pieces together.

Thanks
Tim Z
​​​​​​​[email protected]
ModelAWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:18 AM   #2
bob from red oak

Default Re: Looking for information on Raymond M. Anderson

Hope you hear from someone who knew Mr. Anderson. I did a quick google search and a couple Raymond Anderson obits were posted. You might check those out.
bob from red oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:36 AM   #3
ModelAWagon

I have been there already but I have been striking out.
Old 12-30-2020, 01:22 PM   #4
ModelAWagon

Update that I have figured out (he was a high school principal in 1973). Maybe that helps.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:18 PM   #5
ModelAWagon

Hi All,

Call off the search. I actually found him and spoke with him for 45 minutes today.

Thank you in advance for your help and time.