Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2022, 10:03 PM   #21
ports

Default Re: First Model A

Terry. Thanks for replying. I have done a lot of reading and video watching to learn about model a maintenance. That being said, there is no better way to learn than hands on from someone who has actually performed these different required maintenances. I am hoping to find owners who would be will king to show me. I reached out to the head of the Kehigh Valley chapter of MARC but did not get a response. I know how to start and shift and perform basic maintenance. It is things like adjusting the brakes and steering column if needed that would be nice to have someone who is comfortable with doing these things walk me through. The car I purchased was built and maintained by a master mechanic who recently passed away. I believe he had the car and cared for it for 38 years. What I am looking to be able to do is continue with the care and maintenance of the car to keep it sound.Looking forward to meeting and learning from your bunch. My car will be picked up tomorrow in Mass and delivered to Pa on Saturday. I was told I could go to Harrisburg and get an antique plate the same day. Otherwise I was told I might have to wait 3-4. Onths if I mailed in the application. That would. Ea. The entire summer and fall would be wasted. Anyway thank you and looking forward to meeting you and your model a buddies. Ports
ports is offline   Reply With Quote