Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
glenn in camino

Default one club

I wonder how many Model A guys also belong to the Early V8 club. I have for several years and I must say that their magazine is a testament to the one club theory. The V8 Times is far and away the best car club magazine in the hobby. Perhaps it's their great editor,Jerry Windel, or maybe it's the solidarity of their members who belong to just one Early V8 club with one national board, one set of bylaws and one set of judging standards for show cars and tour cars. They have 4 national meets each year from East to West throughout the US. What a great system. I don't suppose our two Model A clubs will ever combine into THE MODEL A FORD CLUB as the people running each club are way too self important and, like our polititions in Washington, value their positions way too much. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone but this two club thing has gone on way too long for reasons almost all current members don't know or care about. How about if we grow up, bury the hatchet, and start over as one club.
Glenn Johnson
Hangtown As
Placerville, California
glenn in camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
HOTRODPRIMER

Default Re: one club

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn in camino View Post
I wonder how many Model A guys also belong to the Early V8 club. I have for several years and I must say that their magazine is a testament to the one club theory. The V8 Times is far and away the best car club magazine in the hobby. Perhaps it's their great editor,Jerry Windel, or maybe it's the solidarity of their members who belong to just one Early V8 club with one national board, one set of bylaws and one set of judging standards for show cars and tour cars. They have 4 national meets each year from East to West throughout the US. What a great system. I don't suppose our two Model A clubs will ever combine into THE MODEL A FORD CLUB as the people running each club are way too self important and, like our polititions in Washington, value their positions way too much. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone but this two club thing has gone on way too long for reasons almost all current members don't know or care about. How about if we grow up, bury the hatchet, and start over as one club.
Glenn Johnson
Hangtown As
Placerville, California
Glenn,,ain't gonna happen,,I am a member of The Early Ford V8 Club of America,,upstate of South Carolina,region 163 and we have several members that own original and hot rod Model A's.

Like most clubs and organizations they each want to be identified as one specific group,,

The V8 times is a superior publication but that is from the hard work on the part of both the contributors and the editorial staff. HRP

Last edited by HOTRODPRIMER; 05-11-2010 at 10:06 AM.
HOTRODPRIMER is offline   Reply With Quote