Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
52merc

Default tahoe trip

well guys we didn't do a lot of catch up we had m ajor car trouble leaving sf took 7 hours to Williams !!! then today after sorting matters we drove 10 hours in pouring rain no wipers ect to get back to Washington so for those whom we didn't get to see sorry we cancelled out trip up 101 redwoods ect because of the weather n car trouble brendon I will be in touch tomorrow some time im having so big big bourbons now what a trip !!! meric check out Alcatraz its great take plent of pics we went to fishermans wharf went to bubba gumps!1 well all io can say wow wow the meal great the atmosphere terrific the booze well what can I say about that well im having aw bourbons now getting to unwind cecil jm35 matt the guys from Columbia river group brendan ,I think we all have stories to tell of great ford ship friends ect ect I fly home to kiwi on 2nd july its then going to take a while to digest everything so guys THANKS FOR THE MEMOIRIES! TREV NZ AKA 52MERC
Old 06-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
Brendan

Default Re: tahoe trip

Glad you guys are safe and sound, I bet it was not a lot of fun driving an old Ford in the rain, we got about 2 in today. it was great to meet you , have a Bourbon for me talk to you later...Brendan

i can't spell my way out of a paper bag!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
meric42

Trev, sounds like you had as much fun as I had getting to lake Tahoe, but that's another story.

Yes I am looking forward to Alcatraz on the 20th.

Safe travels back to Wellington for you whenever you go that is

Gotta love my '42 Sedan Delivery's - Now that I own the only two in New Zealand

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/album.php?albumid=580
meric42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
G.M.

You need Rain-X. The wipers are not very good at their best. G.M.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #5
JM 35 Sedan

Trev, I made a post on this thread yesterday that somehow ended up being duplicate posts. Tried to delete one and both disappeared. Now I can't remember all that I said in my original post.
Sorry to hear about the major car problems. I wish we could have spent more time catching up and telling stories at Tahoe.
We have been in Yellowstone for the last two days. Getting ready to head for Cody, Wyoming now to see the Buffalo Bill Museum as we head further East. We have all taken some outstanding pictures here in Yellowstone. Frank Miller has posted many on the EFV8 website and on Facebook. I have been averaging about 15 mpg with the 3.78 gears. I was lucky to get 10 mpg with the 4.11's.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
JM 35 Sedan

Trev, I made a post on this thread yesterday that somehow ended up being duplicate posts. Tried to delete one and both disappeared. Now I can't remember all that I said in my original post.
Sorry to hear about the major car problems. I wish we could have spent more time catching up and telling stories at Tahoe.
We have been in Yellowstone for the last two days. Getting ready to head for Cody, Wyoming now to see the Buffalo Bill Museum as we head further East. We have all taken some outstanding pictures here in Yellowstone. Frank Miller has posted many on the EFV8 website and on Facebook. I have been averaging about 15 mpg with the 3.78 gears. I was lucky to get 10 mpg with the 4.11's. Have driven over 4000 miles so far on this trip/tour.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 06-26-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #7
JM 35 Sedan

Darn duplicate posts again. Not sure why but I am going to leave them both there rather than trying to delete one and losing both.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
52merc

marc n Kristie have a documente on our travels n woes they are going to try to get it into v8 times rain on the ca coast was worse than in nz rainx didn't help the fog didn't help we were treated to a amazing hot rod shop in Williams then he showed me his 48 merc ute from aussie he said real talking point at shows they think he chopped it down from a 4dor.brendaN I WILL BE CALLING YOU john the buffloo bill thingy will be great to see val n I tried for yellow stone 20 year ago but got snow bound and had to turn around you guys must have some awsume pics n stories lets see them in the v8 times.my medical condition is improving slowly it put a damper on things for me in Tahoe but that's the breaks always trev