Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-08-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
antiquepa

Smile Henry Ford Old Car Festival

I know it may be a little early, but does anyone have any information on the old car festival for 2011. What week end, and if you ever attended did you enjoy it. I found out about it late in the year, and it sounds like the place to be in September of 2011. Any input would be appreciated. I have visited the museum a few times and enjoyed every visit, now that I have the old car I would like to go since I'm in retirement.
antiquepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: Henry Ford Old Car Festival

And as long as you are there, it's a good time to spend a few hours in the Benson Ford Research Center finding information on the Model A's.

Just take a pencil (no pens allowed) and paper with the part numbers of the parts you want to look up. Ask the desk clerk for blueprints and release letters for the parts numbers you have.

Last edited by Tom Wesenberg; 01-09-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
LukeDahlinger
BANNED

September 10 & 11...
http://www.thehenryford.org/events/oldCarFestival.aspx

I haven't been before but am going this year. All pre 1932 stock cars & trucks, no modifieds allowed!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
Ice man

I went to a lot of shows in my years of Model As and it was the best show I ever went to. The fact that most cars are not setting all day, was a blast. They park them and then start them up a drive them around the Village, with horns blowing, and traffic jams and police directing traffic, chugging 1&2 cylinder cars going for all there worth. Cars, trucks, busses, big ones, little ones, quiet ones, noisy ones, its a real blast. Period costumes, old steam trains, round house, just one show you can't see in one day. GO for it. Iceman
Ice man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
30ccpickup

September 10-11, 2011 (Open Saturday 'til 9pm) Old Car Festival

Their site: http://www.thehenryford.org/events/oldCarFestival.aspx

I believe these were posted before, but are fun to watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4GMsOg_oBI Old Car Festival 2008, Greenfield Village
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIJW7eILXj8 Old Car Festival in Greenfield Village 2009

Fordbarners, Feel free to use the pictures on my site to answer questions and create tutorials/tech articles.
30ccpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
Engine Whisperer

My wife and I went to the old car show in 2010. It was our first time in Dearborn, and we ended up spending 3 days! The first day we toured the Rouge factory in the morning, and then went through the Henry Ford Museum. The following day, we spent the entire day going through Greenfield Village and didn't quite get through the whole thing. The 3rd day was the car show, and we finished touring Greenfield Village while looking at all the old cars. That night there was a gas lamp parade, which is really neat to see, followed by a fireworks finale. I didn't realize how much there was to see and do...definitely allow plenty of time if you want to see everything! I plan to go back again some time because they're always adding new things, and would defintely go back to see the car show again!!
Engine Whisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:44 AM   #7
tmiller6

The weekends are easy to remember. The Motor Muster features cars 1933-Present and is always on Father's Day weekend. The Old Car Festival which features 1932 and earlier is always the weekend after Labor Day.

Each show is a three day event if you consider that registration begins Friday night. Many people hang around to see the cars as they arrive on Friday. It's a reunion for many.
tmiller6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
JpMotorsports

Send a message via AIM to JpMotorsports Send a message via Yahoo to JpMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiller6 View Post
The weekends are easy to remember. The Motor Muster features cars 1933-Present and is always on Father's Day weekend. The Old Car Festival which features 1932 and earlier is always the weekend after Labor Day.

Each show is a three day event if you consider that registration begins Friday night. Many people hang around to see the cars as they arrive on Friday. It's a reunion for many.

Both shows are great. Me and my dad do Motor Muster every years (I bring my 69 Chevelle and he brings his 66 Mustang) And my uncle does the Old Car Festival every year as well. I will do both shows once I find my Model A.

1972 OLDSMOBILE 442 CONVERTIBLE
1969 CHEVELLE/MALIBU- SOLD
2003 MONTE CARLO SS PACE CAR EDITION # 841 OF 1401- SOLD
JpMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:26 AM   #9
tmiller6

Default Re: Henry Ford Motor Muster

If you're at the Motor Muster, stop by and say hello to Tom Jr. with his yellow '72 Mustang convertible which is somewhat unique with a big six and factory air. He should have his 29 roadster at the Old Car Festival too.
tmiller6 is offline   Reply With Quote