Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-31-2021, 11:26 PM   #21
Dick Carne

Default Re: Friend looking for 1929-1931 straight windshield Town Sedan

Thanks once again to everyone for your continuing guidance and assistance on this. I have forwarded each of your comments on to my friend, and he has already made several out-of-state trips to see several of these cars.

As for straight windshield or slant windshield cars, there are obvious benefits associated with each. I finished my '29 Briggs TS several years ago, have been involved with helping my nephew to finish his '31 slant windshield model, and have just dropped off a '29 Murray TS to be media blasted as I will begin work on my daughter's family '29 TS beginning in the next week or so. And as intimated in various posts to this point, it would seem to me that the cost of all of the wood required to completely refinish a straight windshield model would make restoring one of these a more costly restoration. But with respect to my friend's notions, he has a marked preference for those having the two side armrests and fold-down center armrest in the back seat - so despite the benefits of a virtually all steel body, those criteria place his search clearly in the ballpark of a straight windshield model. As for me personally, I like the many unique features of the '29 TS - the single point garnish moldings, the dash rail w/o any mounting screws showing, the added depth from the dash rail to the gas tank, and the brass plated cowl band. And I also like the look of all of the arm rests in the back.

Once again, thank you all for your many kind and thoughtful responses.
Dick Carne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 03:27 PM   #22
Dick Carne

Default Re: Friend looking for 1929-1931 straight windshield Town Sedan

Thanks once again everyone for your unparalleled willingness to help out on this. I have forwarded all of your individual posts to my friend. He has remarked about having been to several states so far to check individual cars out "in person", but has apparently not made a final decision at this point. He has a couple of other cars from the 30's, so I don't think that it's a matter of cost fright, but rather looking for the "right" match. Again, my warmest thanks to each of you for your "caring and sharing".
Dick Carne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)