Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
Rowdy
BANNED

Default AA Valve Stems

Yesterday evening I went to check out a mid 30 AA that a freind of mine told me about. Unfortunately after getting there and talking to the owner it is not for sale. However he is planning on making a pickup out of it. The original wheels are in nice condition with atleast 2 of the origianl valve stems still there. This guy is missing some parts and I told him when he gets the cab off to give me a call and maybe we could work out a trade for some of the parts. Most parts there I have a ball park figure as to what they are worth, but the valve stems I have no idea other than they are hard to find. Any help here? Thanks Rod
Old 05-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: AA Valve Stems

I take it they are the "bent" type?

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
Rowdy
BANNED

Default Re: AA Valve Stems

Yes, the bent type as near as I can tell. It was nearly dark when I got there and many tall weeds around the truck, so I did not crawl underneath very far. Also I discoveredon my valve stem collection I have a slightly later than Model A era truck valve stem made by Bridgeport. I do not see any Bridgeports listed in the Heavy Commerial appendix of the JS, so I take it as being later anyway. More details on the AA stuff found when he pulls it in the shop later this summer to remove the cab, front fenders and engine. I know he is going to need a box, rear fenders, splash aprons and the panels above the doors. I did abit of checking things over that I could see or atleast had a good opportunity to fell for cracks and I could not feel the common crack in the 4 speed case. The wheels still had quite abit of original paint on them and could not feel any rust through or pitted areas. The truck splash aprons and runningboards are in excellent condition. Platform bed was in poor condition and I did not see the spare tire carrier. Sizing up the value of the parts he is not planning on using to help make trade and purchase of what will be discarded. Rod