Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
jrhoa2

Default 1926 TT value?

Hello everyone. I am new to the world of the early Fords and I have a few questions.

My former neighbor has a 1926 Ford model TT truck that she is looking to sell. It was restored many years ago by her husband and her father. Her farther has long since passed and her husband is now in a care center with severe Alzheimer's. Due to the fact she is 70+ years old, she is looking to downsize her estate and help pay for some of her husbands medical bills.

The truck has been sitting in inside storage for about the last five years or so. Before it was stored, it was driven quite regularly. They drove it in a local parade almost every year for as long as I can remember.

The truck is fairly clean for being restored so long ago. The restoration was not a show quality restoration but more of a good driver rebuild. The fenders have some dents and dings in them and there are some chips in the paint. Currently there is one bad tire on the truck but the owner has a replacement tire on hand for it.

I know pictures would help here but I do not have any yet. Does anybody have a ball park figure what this truck may be worth? How much more would the truck be worth if I were replace the tire and get it running again? I imagine the fuel system needs to be cleaned and the battery replaced after being stored for so long. The truck is located in Minnesota.

Thank you very much for any help or advise you can give.

James
jrhoa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #2
Steve Jelf

Default Re: 1926 TT value?

Aux transmission? Stock rear axle, or Ruckstell? Without seeing it, my guess would be five to seven grand. When you get some pictures, post them on the MTFCA forum. Lots of TT guys there.
Steve Jelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:14 AM   #3
Farmallcub49

James,

Where are you at in Minnesota? If near by, I could come and help you get a figure for it. I think Steve I in the ball park, depending on how well it runs and if it runs on battery and magneto or just battery.
Farmallcub49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #4
sky1928

James,
About four years ago, I picked up a 1926 TT Express Stake Bed Truck from a farmer. It was all original and I gave the gentleman $5000. It ran, but needed restoration. I restored the truck and it was appraised at $10K - $12K.
It is a fun truck to drive!
Best,
Paul
sky1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #5
redmodelt

Everything depends on location, market for TT's in your area and how restored it is. Appraised value is not real market value. Rebuilt is subjective to what is meant. To some rebuilt is a fresh engine to others it's clean, paint, ground the valves, new rings and took up the babbitt.
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #6
jrhoa2

Thanks guys! I will be going back down next weekend to take some pictures and get some more details. Hopefully we will have enough time to pull it out, replace the tire, wash it, and maybe even get it running. I think it may help having a video of it running and driving when it actually goes on the market.

Steve Jelf, thanks for the tip on the MTFCA forum. I took a look over there but their forum seems a little more disorganized than it is here. Maybe it will just take me a little time to get it figured out.

Farmallcub49, I am located just north of you in Little Falls but the truck is located down in the Northfield/Faribault area. I am a Private Pilot and my hanger mate allows me to fly his Cessna since mine is currently undergoing a through restoration. If you do not have a problem flying in a small airplane, I would love to take you down to take a look at it. It is about 2.5 hours driving time and only about an hour by air.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #7
redmodelt

jrhoa2;
This is a good read for those that are starting and running a T that has been idle for a while.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/8538.html
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
Royce P

There are a lot of Model T enthusiasts in your area, particularly in the Twin Cities. I recommend you contact all of the local T clubs and advise them of your car. You need to post pictures here if you want anyone to get interested.

After that you should list it on eBay, which is the least troublesome and easiest way to sell an antique car. Be sure to allow bidders from any country. If you sell to someone overseas be sure to tell them that
1. You will allow the car to be loaded at the end of your driveway
2. That you will provide zero assistance in shipping the vehicle
3. You will accept a wire transfer for the full purchase price within 7 days of the auction or else they will not get the car.
4. The car must be removed from your property within 7 days of auction end or you will push it into the street and dial 911 to report an abandoned suspicious vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhoa2 View Post
Thanks guys! I will be going back down next weekend to take some pictures and get some more details. Hopefully we will have enough time to pull it out, replace the tire, wash it, and maybe even get it running. I think it may help having a video of it running and driving when it actually goes on the market.

Steve Jelf, thanks for the tip on the MTFCA forum. I took a look over there but their forum seems a little more disorganized than it is here. Maybe it will just take me a little time to get it figured out.

Farmallcub49, I am located just north of you in Little Falls but the truck is located down in the Northfield/Faribault area. I am a Private Pilot and my hanger mate allows me to fly his Cessna since mine is currently undergoing a through restoration. If you do not have a problem flying in a small airplane, I would love to take you down to take a look at it. It is about 2.5 hours driving time and only about an hour by air.
Royce P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #9
Farmallcub49

Never been in a small plane before, sounds like fun. [email protected]
Old 09-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #10
jrhoa2

Farmallcub49, I just got word that my hanger mate's airplane is down for its annual inspection so it looks like I am driving down to take pictures of the truck this weekend. I am more than happy to take you for a ride once it is back up and flying. I can always use a good excuse to go flying!

On that note, are there any other Model T fanatics around the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area that have this Saturday free to look at a '26 Model TT? I could use all the help I can get to help sell this truck.

I also want to thank everyone for the tips and links on how to get this truck back on the road and sold.

Thank you
Old 09-28-2014, 11:04 PM   #11
jrhoa2

Ok everyone, here are some pictures of the '26 TT that will be going up for sale soon. I am sorry, I was not able to pull it outside for pictures. I just did not have the time to pull it out, clean it up, and try to get it running. Between my 10 year Iraq deployment reunion, helping Lorraine clean out her buildings, and helping my father with some airplane stuff, I was stretched thin this weekend. If anyone is interested in more detailed pictures, let me know. I will be going back down in a week or two and can take more than.

I was unable to get more information on the technical details on the truck. Lorraine just did not have any. I understand that the pictures are not the greatest, but if anyone could give me an idea of a starting asking price, I would be grateful. I am hoping that the pictures will be enough for you Model TT guru’s to shed some light on the subject.

Thank you!

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/jrhoa...402ae.jpg.html

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/jrhoa...81f77.jpg.html

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/jrhoa...1dd30.jpg.html

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/jrhoa...5180a.jpg.html

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/jrhoa...bc7e6.jpg.html

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/jrhoa...808af.jpg.html

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/jrhoa...38d68.jpg.html
Old 09-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #12
Farmallcub49

Hard to tell for sure, but not running brings the price down. I would think that $3000 to $5000 range. Too many things that I can't see from here to make a solid price.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:15 AM   #13
dumb person

The purple lenses make it worth more apparently, they are collectable to glass collectors or something.

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote