Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 06:03 PM   #61
McMimmcs

Default Re: this is what I drug home yesterday- not Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licensed to kill View Post
This will be my last response to this off topic.

I wasn't aware that you knew so many members here personally and are acutely aware of their education levels.

Nobody was ridiculing anyone. Personally, if I say something wrong, be it grammar or model A related, I WANT someone to correct me. As uncomfortable as it is to be correct ted online (I know I've been corrected online and it sucks) it FAR outweighs going through life being wrong. It's like walking around with a big booger hanging out of your nose. It's uncomfortable to have it pointed out but that's better than people letting you continue to walk around that way.

So when someone on here corrects someone for a mistaken comment regarding model A's, do you consider them "self professing model A experts"?. I consider them as just someone that knows more than I helping set me straight and i appreciate it. Yes I know the this is the "ford barn" and not the "spelling /grammar Barn" but I am sure that the majority of people would rather be told they have a booger than continue walking around with one, even if the venue they are attending has nothing to do with hygiene.

I have, and this is what I came up with. It seems that you have elected yourself the protector of all those that you see as inferior to yourself. You complain about a post that has nothing to do with you and the poster that it was in reference to voiced no such objection. You post in bold when I have yet read anything that suggests that some members eyesight requires it, in fact, when a member WITH limited eyesight states that your bold hinders their ability to read your posts, you brush them off because you know better. There is nothing wrong with coming to someones defence if they give an indication that they require it but it is somewhat sanctimonious to just assume that people require your "help" when none was asked for or even hinted at.
This is what is referred to as “ Gobbledygook “!
Old 11-03-2020, 06:08 PM   #62
McMimmcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
You're right! I just put you on my ignore list .
I wish to thank you profusely !
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 11-03-2020, 06:29 PM   #63
Ryan
Administrator

Hey y’all... love one another.
Closed Thread