Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
yachtsmanbill

Default Under the RADAR

City: Two Rivers
State: Wi
Price: in ad

Always toying with new projects for the last 50 years. So Im probably gonna step up and start my next one (last one?) which means the T has to go. Had a blast building it.

Model T... all 12 volt all the time.

Jetzt, da der Staub gelegt hat, seine Zeit bei der Arbeit (on page 15)

So heres a brief description in 10,000 words or less. Let me know what you guys think...
Period correct underslung model T speedster 1926 (aug 1925) motor and trans all new, new coils, new mag, NEW Becker 12 volt alternator, starter, battery and lights (sealed beam to boot!) rear end gone through, front axle all new, 26-27 wire wheels with new tires plus a spare set (like new) with a DUPLEX spare tire carrier. Custom built bodt from phenolic panel board with a really nice fold down windshield with new soft ray tinted safety glass.
Very few miscellaneous odds and ends to finish plus an interior of your choice. Really dependable and she strolls along at 40 all day at 170 on the moto-meter (not included, sorry).
Feel free to email me for the whole story. Thousands of pics (!) and generally a dependable flivver! Doesn't leak oil either! [email protected] 630 388 8882

Price??? $100K of course (LOL) , but that's pretty darn negotiable, and if you have an air conditioned Buick GS 455 to trade that's even better!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
yachtsmanbill

Default Re: Under the RADAR

Seriously guys... we all know what this guys' worth so... Maybe 100K if Howard Hughes owned it LOL ... ws
Old 10-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
yachtsmanbill

So notwithstanding, everything is fresh except the radiator (doesn't leak) and the steering box on top is a bit slack; whats a fair market value. Extra set of new tires/tubes and a brand new distributor go with it. Its a blast to drive too! ws
Old 10-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
yachtsmanbill

So I guess its up to me to start the ball rolling. With what all is in to it a fair starting point from my side would be about 7500.00 Will entertain offers. Really hate to deal with all the edog BS.... ws
Old 11-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
yachtsmanbill

OK... so I haven't heard a peep outa anyone... is $6500 realistic? I really do need the room. I also have a Pfaff 1/2hp Industrial sewing machine for sale separately. Used it 10 years ago and its sat ever since. $400 OBO Needs a little fine tuning from a knowledgeable sewer (?).
Old 11-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
yachtsmanbill

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Hows about $6000 and I throw in the Pfaff machine? Not a stinking response here, and if no interest will go to Edog. ws 6303888882
Old 11-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
yachtsmanbill

566 people viewed this and not even a comment??? C'mon!! ws
Old 11-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
Stick Shift

Ok! Neat car! I wish I had the room for it too.
Stick Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
yachtsmanbill

She's going into a storage locker Tuesday morning along with the motorcycle and BIG sewing machine... entertaining offers... ws
Old 11-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
yachtsmanbill

So we are down to ONE DOLLAR plus $1000 per wheel...(6 wheels on board!) WILL NOT SEPERATE! Bill
Old 11-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #11
yachtsmanbill

Sold abroad for 15,000.00. CASH IN HAND! ws
Old 11-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
karasmer

Congrats, how in the heck did you get over twice the asking price?
karasmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #13
yachtsmanbill

By contract, all I can say is that theres an antique car collector in Dubai... ws
Old 12-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #14
yachtsmanbill

Looks like the foreign deal fell through... cash in hand and still have car and title. Hmm... No response from buyer what so ever. Contract including delivery stipulations becomes null and void on 12-12-13. Vehicle will be for sale again. Strike while the iron is hot!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #15
jackdaron

They say preparation H helps....
jackdaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #16
yachtsmanbill

POLLINATOR is back on the market! Special considerations made to friends here! ws

BTW Jack, that Prep H is made from shark oil and is a great substitute for rear end lube (!)
Old 12-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #17
yachtsmanbill

Pfaff 434 sewing machine is sold. Bill
Old 12-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #18
karasmer

Wow cool sweet deal, 15k and still have the car. I have sold a few overseas and after the international money transfer they had a trucker come right to my door to pick it up for the trip to NJ then to be loaded into a shipping container from which I heard cost around a grand for the trip across the big pond. The thing to be careful about is that you release the vehicle to the correct trucker, there are thieves out there that pretend to be associated with the buyer.
karasmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
yachtsmanbill

Yeah... when my wifes past husband died we sold his H-D abroad. This guys shows up with a 10 unit car hauler (empty) and started asking for help and plywood etc.. He ID'd himself and WE LEFT. That was in '09 and the bottom fell outa the motorcycle market. This one just never got claimed. The buyer is MIA and by contract, the deal is non refundable. So now, what yer offer on the speedster??? ws
Old 12-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #20
1bali-rod

ill give you $2500..sounds like a good deal since you already got paid from the other guy.

thanks-let me know
1bali-rod is offline   Reply With Quote