Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-30-2021, 02:49 PM   #21
DavidG

Default Re: '32 Roadster Cartouche interiors

There's been nothing yet on the V8 Club web site forum.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:05 PM   #22
alumcantandthd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
Have you called "either" supplier and asked them for a "further" contact number?? OR (and I know THIS is a long shot, given the two above listed suppliers) have you asked one of their sales people to supply the answers you are requiring????
There are 'no' other sales people or another phone #! It's who/whom ever picks up the phone is the "Sales" person I have to talk to! I am told, "the only pictures are in the brochure" (Final answer)

I have been in a weekly bakc and forth with that Dave Tank at Eckers. (refered to me above) He told me they only sold 3 of those kits in the past couple of years, and the ONLY picture they have,,,,, "are in the brochure". I asked if he could give me the names of the people he sold the kits to. NO! Week later I asked if he could contact the people he sold the kits to, and ask if they would send me pictures. He would 'see' about it. Week later I asked if he was able to contact any of the people that purchased the '32 kits. I am working on it. So,,,,,,,,.

There HAS to be a way to contact Cartouche directly! Somebody out there know how. They make all these kits for Ford, GM, and some MoPar! These 'vendors' contact Cartouche to order kits to list in their catalogs. It's like they are some great big "secret'' organization that only a certain few can talk with them! I also don't understand why the 'vendors' won't send pictures of their product when asked?
alumcantandthd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:11 PM   #23
alumcantandthd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylon32 View Post
I'm not a restorer but in the past I have taken pictures of what I want the interior to look like along with the material I want to my local upholstery shop and had him recreate it. Maybe that's an alternative?
Thanks for the suggestion. But my 'pockets are not that deep'. Do do what you suggested upholstery shops have quoted a high 4 figures or a low 5 figures, just for a Roadster!

Plus they can NOT go off a picture unless they have ALL the measurements before hand.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:12 PM   #24
alumcantandthd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
There's been nothing yet on the V8 Club web site forum.
(sigh)

Thanks for asking.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:27 PM   #25
Krylon32

Your restored deuce roadster deserves the best. Been doing this over 50 years and good upholstery has always been pricey. Good paint and fit plus nice upholstery can make an average car standout.
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:41 PM   #26
DavidG

Have you tried calling All Star Upholstery, as an installer of Cartouche upholstery, referenced in #9 above? Certainly than can at least tell you what the kit includes or not given their experience as evidenced by their photos of a '32 roadster interior.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:42 PM   #27
alumcantandthd

Quote:
Have you tried calling All Star Upholstery, as an installer of Cartouche upholstery, referenced in #9 above? Certainly than can at least tell you what the kit includes or not given their experience as evidenced by their photos of a '32 roadster interior.
Yes Sir, I have! I have contacted every one Cartouche listed, one way or another, when googled "Cartouche Upholstery".

Something is wrong with that guy up there. That is 'not' a upholstery shop! With the size of his ego, it's a 'airport'!

Checked out his web site, especially the section listing the Cartouche Interiors.

Filled out the "Contact Information" form, sent an inquirey on requesting pictures and what all the kit included, etc, before I purchased an interior 'kit'. Couple of days went by, no response, sent another inquirey. Few hours later receive a reply;
I don't sell kits Directly below the "I don't sell kits" "Get Outlook for Android" was printed
The "Outlook for Android" was in blue and went from the mouse 'arrow' to the 'pointed finger'. So since 'we' were talking about Cartouche Upholstery pictures, he had listed another source for me to check!

Clicked on the Get Outlook for Android, as I thought he requested me to, the computer went haywire! Making all sorts of "warning" sounds and to call the number listed! Wifey came in and several hours later straightened out the computer. She even stated, why would a upholstery shop deliberately send out a virus on a upholstery request, unless my interior picture question pissed him off. (?)

Called up there Monday asking why he sent the virus and about the cartouche section listed on his web site. Vehemently denied everything. Very Rude. Kept constantly talking over me. I am not going to get into the phone conversation details.

So, "if" it is going to be 'this' much of a problem to get upholstery, or cost 1/2 a years Agent Orange disability pay? I will just 'do without'! I'll just 'rattle can' brown or tan the silver Fat Mat' sound deadening material, find a NOS Allstate, or Riverside seat cover, and be done with it! Then hope the top won't be this much of a problem!

THANK YOU for everyone's help/suggestions!
Old 08-31-2021, 12:47 PM   #28
alumcantandthd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylon32 View Post
Your restored deuce roadster deserves the best. Been doing this over 50 years and good upholstery has always been pricey. Good paint and fit plus nice upholstery can make an average car standout.
Thanks for the suggestion. When and if I ever win the lottery, I will be able afford a high 4 or low 5 digit interior, and won't be afraid to sit on it either! lol
Old 08-31-2021, 12:48 PM   #29
alumcantandthd

Quote:
Yes Sir, I have! I have contacted every one Cartouche listed, one way or another, when googled "Cartouche Upholstery".

Something is wrong with that guy up there. That is 'not' a upholstery shop! With the size of his ego, it's a 'airport'!

Checked out his web site, especially the section listing the Cartouche Interiors.

Filled out the "Contact Information" form, sent an inquirey on requesting pictures and what all the kit included, etc, before I purchased an interior 'kit'. Couple of days went by, no response, sent another inquirey. Few hours later receive a reply;
I don't sell kits Directly below the "I don't sell kits" "Get Outlook for Android" was printed
The "Outlook for Android" was in blue and went from the mouse 'arrow' to the 'pointed finger'. So since 'we' were talking about Cartouche Upholstery pictures, he had listed another source for me to check!

Clicked on the Get Outlook for Android, as I thought he requested me to, the computer went haywire! Making all sorts of "warning" sounds and to call the number listed! Wifey came in and several hours later straightened out the computer. She even stated, why would a upholstery shop deliberately send out a virus on a upholstery request, unless my interior picture question pissed him off. (?)

Called up there Monday asking why he sent the virus and about the cartouche section listed on his web site. Vehemently denied everything. Very Rude. Kept constantly talking over me. I am not going to get into the phone conversation details.

So, "if" it is going to be 'this' much of a problem to get upholstery, or cost 1/2 a years Agent Orange disability pay? I will just 'do without'! I'll just 'rattle can' brown or tan the silver Fat Mat' sound deadening material, find a NOS Allstate, or Riverside seat cover, and be done with it! Then hope the top won't be this much of a problem!

THANK YOU for everyone's help/suggestions!
Old 09-01-2021, 12:53 AM   #30
highbeams

Surely local upholstery businesses ca and will accommodate.

Fahget about these 'kit' "suppliers".

What do you need: seat cover, door panels, kick panels?

This isn't brain surgery here.

Thank you.
highbeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:36 PM   #31
alumcantandthd

Quote:
Originally Posted by highbeams View Post
Surely local upholstery businesses ca and will accommodate.

Fahget about these 'kit' "suppliers".

What do you need: seat cover, door panels, kick panels?

This isn't brain surgery here.

Thank you.
I would like to get the entire interior. Kick panels, door panels, seat, plus, the part that goes beside and behind the seat. Wouldn't mind the trunk too.

The interior part beside and behind the seat, I do not know what it is supposed to look like, how many pieces it includes, or how it fastens.
What interior pictures I have found, are taken of the whole inside. (ex) opne the door and take a picture. 'Not' each piece and how if mounts, individual pictures.
So for me, a 'complete' original looking kit is the best, least expensive way for me to go.

There are no reputable automotive upholstery shops here locally.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:51 PM   #32
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumcantandthd View Post
I would like to get the entire interior. Kick panels, door panels, seat, plus, the part that goes beside and behind the seat. Wouldn't mind the trunk too.

The interior part beside and behind the seat, I do not know what it is supposed to look like, how many pieces it includes, or how it fastens.
What interior pictures I have found, are taken of the whole inside. (ex) opne the door and take a picture. 'Not' each piece and how if mounts, individual pictures.
So for me, a 'complete' original looking kit is the best, least expensive way for me to go.

There are no reputable automotive upholstery shops here locally.

Thanks.
AND you do not want to pay for a "reputable" shop right???? OR individual to do it???? AS you also said "I don't have deep pockets!"

Starting to Remind me of the sign "Pick one" Fast, Cheap OR Good? and the associated results attached to the three!!!

Last edited by rockfla; 09-01-2021 at 01:09 PM.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:04 PM   #33
VeryTangled

Quote:
There are no reputable automotive upholstery shops here locally. Thanks.
Just spitballing here, but the last upholstery shop I used was in the business park near the county airport. They were doing boats, planes, cars & bikes.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:15 PM   #34
highbeams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
AND you do not want to pay for a "reputable" shop right???? OR individual to do it???? AS you also said "I don't have deep pockets!"

Starting to Remind me of the sign "Pick one" Fast, Cheap OR Good? and the associated results attached to the three!!!
Do you have a EFV8Club roster of members? Try that. '32 rdstr members.(I've contacted people regarding questions I had. All but one were helpful.

That's why our phone numbers are in there. You'll 'meet' some new friends too.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:00 PM   #35
alumcantandthd

Quote:
Do you have a EFV8Club roster of members? Try that. '32 rdstr members.(I've contacted people regarding questions I had. All but one were helpful.

No, no roster or list. I have tried several times to register on the V-8 forums. Long story short. It won't let me in. Super secret entrance code required.

V-8 member on this thread has posted on the V-8 forum for me, asking for Deuce Roadster Cartouche pictures. No one has replied to his posted question.

Do 'you' know of any Deuce Roaster V-8 forum members?

Thanks
Old 09-02-2021, 06:56 AM   #36
rockfla

Quote:
No, no roster or list. I have tried several times to register on the V-8 forums. Long story short. It won't let me in. Super secret entrance code required.

V-8 member on this thread has posted on the V-8 forum for me, asking for Deuce Roadster Cartouche pictures. No one has replied to his posted question.

Thanks

You are a EFV8 club member, right??? That is the main requirement to be on the EFV8 web page. I don't recall signing up on the page being THAT difficult.....is there a specific part of the sign up that you remember having trouble with??? May I/we can help you with that!! IF memory serves me you have to have at least an 8 letter/number combo password (?)
Old 09-02-2021, 08:27 PM   #37
highbeams

Quote:

Put a seat in it; enjoy the car as it is while your pockets get deeper, i.e., start your priority car fund til the amount is ripe for the picking.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:39 AM   #38
TJ

Quote:

Thanks
I can't understand why you cannot register on the Early Ford V-8 Club website. It is a very simple process. You don't even have to be a member of the V-8 Club itself to use the website. Often new people come to the site for information and they are not Club members. Tell us what the problem is in trying to register.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:07 PM   #39
Krylon32

I had my first 32 roadster interior. trunk and top done back in 1972. Did the interior and trunk in very high grade Naugahyde and the top with Hartz type cloth. It was around a thousand dollars back then. I was fortunate to have had a good local shop.
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 01:00 PM   #40
rockfla

I wonder IF???

'IF' the cartouche' interior is 70% or 80% of a complete interior and it meets the "details" that DavidG has mentioned in a couple of his previous post (I.E pleats on the seat following trough all the way down the front edge)........IF the thought of going ahead and ordering and installing what IS in the kit and "MAYBE" having an Interior shop fill in the missing pieces and matching the cartouche' kit????? You wouldn't even have to do that right off the bat, you could wait awhile and get healed up financially BEFORE spend more money at a "reputable" shop!!!! Based on his stated "willing to do" and "NOT willing to do/pay for" I don't see any other logical option!!!!