Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #21
done4

Send a message via Yahoo to done4
Default Re: Barn find Fords

It may have been a harsh welcome but on the HAMB side if there are no pics it doesn't exist. Kinda reminds me of the old days when newbies always got flamed. Glad someone came to the rescue.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #22
AnthonyG

Definitely apologies in order, and wow you guys that beat him up are getting harsher then the HAMB, this is the civilized Forum!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #23
Barry-ct

Unfortunately, because of so many scams and dishonest people all trying to get your wallet. we as a society have become extremely cynical, hard and down right mean towards one another. You can't answer the phone without some guy try to make you believe he's from Windows customer service trying to access your computer (scam) and credit card scams. Those who slammed him should have waited to see if there were pics and then voiced their opinions if he didn't produce pics. I think the damage has been done and he may never post anything. Hopefully, there can be something learned from this mistake and he will accept an apology and stay a member.
My 2 cents worth.......

50 F-1
Old 08-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #24
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodiewagon46 View Post
Green50, $2000 won't buy the rain gutters for a '41 thru '48 Ford station wagon! Last pair I saw in the Woodie Times was for $4000.
I'm sure Green50 realizes that! Like most of us, he was being factious with his comments. There was/is a lot of sarcasm going on in this thread and, I would venture to guess that is was brought about by the fact that the original post had no photos to substantiate the claim.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #25
FL&WVMIKE

I sure hope that FORDBARN is not going to be like the HAMB, in sarcastis responses.
MIKE mikeburch
Old 08-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #26
HELENT

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Amen !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:41 PM   #27
dude

I guess we may have grabbed the "bull shit" lever a little too soon????
I just love the know all ,see all group.
fasi , I love the thought of there still being great ol finds out there.
If you don't check out all leads, you'll miss some great deals.
Thanks for the post.
Welcome..
Old 08-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #28
burly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE View Post
I sure hope that FORDBARN is not going to be like the HAMB, in sarcastis responses.
MIKE mikeburch
That's for certain Mike. Welcome aboard Fasi. Looks like a couple of beauties.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:27 PM   #29
Mart

Yup! Too quick to jump to conclusions and basically call someone a liar.

Fasi only had two posts and the first one was a while ago on a completely separate matter.

What happened to good old fashioned manners and wait until something develops?

Mart.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #30
paul2748

Not one of the guys who made the derogatory remarks had the bxxls to apologize
Old 08-26-2014, 09:55 PM   #31
RPM

Just because one's reading comprehension skills are very poor is no excuse to be RUDE and CRUDE. A new member (fasi) CLEARLY stated in his FIRST sentence what he was doing. Go back and read the first sentence. OK --Do it again and again if needed. Where does he say there will NOT be pictures??? He did not price these cars as the seller (presumably a long term owner who is probably attached and fond of these cars) is still dealing with the idea of letting them go and is not ready TODAY. Patience is a virtue when one deals with a situation like this and tomorrow will come. I personally was ashamed of some members comments and the fact that they now use excuses (no pics) for their boring remarks and behavior. Just last Friday at the Springfield V8 meet we were cordially shown a beautiful collection which included 2 cars the same as fasi's. The Sportsman had been stored away since the mid 50's and was awaiting restoration. The new owner waited 20 years to buy it. I commented that I thought they had all been found and restored when up pops this Kansas Sportsman. Rather than give the new Barner or the owner any chance to market these cars (and a Barner , myself included, the opportunity to BUY one), the negative vibe came pouring out from some illiterate jerks. Thanks to the jerks, the guy has probably been spooked. Go re-read the first sentence in the very first post, then man up.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #32
JM 35 Sedan

RPM, I also thought about that Sportsman in Springfield, Illinois as I was reading comments on this post today. I don't know if you saw my pictures posted here or not. See post #86.... http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showth...=106507&page=5

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 08-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #33
RPM

John--I had not seen your latest with the Sportsman pics. Thanks for taking and posting all of these, it's much appreciated. Also, was glad to meet you and many other great people at Springfield. My wife enjoyed the meet also. RPM
Old 08-27-2014, 05:32 AM   #34
jim1932

OK.... I agree the welcome could have been better but in the end it is someone premarketing a car they don't own and without pictures. Basically previews of an upcoming classified ad.

I welcome any newbie coming into the hobby. Not sure this is one.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:34 AM   #35
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM View Post
Just because one's reading comprehension skills are very poor is no excuse to be RUDE and CRUDE. A new member (fasi) CLEARLY stated in his FIRST sentence what he was doing. Go back and read the first sentence. OK --Do it again and again if needed. Where does he say there will NOT be pictures??? He did not price these cars as the seller (presumably a long term owner who is probably attached and fond of these cars) is still dealing with the idea of letting them go and is not ready TODAY. Patience is a virtue when one deals with a situation like this and tomorrow will come. I personally was ashamed of some members comments and the fact that they now use excuses (no pics) for their boring remarks and behavior. Just last Friday at the Springfield V8 meet we were cordially shown a beautiful collection which included 2 cars the same as fasi's. The Sportsman had been stored away since the mid 50's and was awaiting restoration. The new owner waited 20 years to buy it. I commented that I thought they had all been found and restored when up pops this Kansas Sportsman. Rather than give the new Barner or the owner any chance to market these cars (and a Barner , myself included, the opportunity to BUY one), the negative vibe came pouring out from some illiterate jerks. Thanks to the jerks, the guy has probably been spooked. Go re-read the first sentence in the very first post, then man up.
RPM,

I just read your post and, to assume, as you stated, some members’ comments, and the fact that they now use excuses (no pics) for their boring remarks and behavior”, reeks of pomposity and arrogance on your part. Further, based on the numerous grammatical errors in your post, I respectfully suggest that perhaps you should consider yourself among the ranks of the ‘illiterate jerks’ you alluded to. While I don’t condone the behavior of some of the nonbelievers’, and their less than complimentary responses, not all of them were derogatory, some were clearly tongue-in-cheek. From your post, it’s obvious that you failed to recognize or differentiate caustic from sarcastic remarks. You, in your accusatory generalizations, are no better than the individuals you berated. So, perhaps you should ‘man up’… I’m just sayin’…
Old 08-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #36
GreenMonster48

Lots of people on here complain about the Hamb being the tough crowd, but the Ford Barn is the place to go for petty infighting.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #37
glennsanders

This is why I left the barn the 1st time plus the fact that some guys would like to pay 1930 prices for your used parts for sale.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #38
Seth Swoboda

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsanders View Post
This is why I left the barn the 1st time plus the fact that some guys would like to pay 1930 prices for your used parts for sale.
Hey Glenn, good to finally meet you at the Central Meet in Springfield last week. I had a great time talking to you, JM, Redneck and Cecil. Hopefully I will be able to attend another meet next summer and catch up again and have a few beers.

Take care my friend!
Seth
Old 08-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #39
Barry-ct

OK, now that this post has turned some members against one another and will get ugly, can't it just end it and we get back to the purpose of the site? Flatheads and enjoying them!

50 F-1
Old 08-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #40
done4

Send a message via Yahoo to done4

I personally take issue with the negative comments about the HAMB. I lurked here for sometime before joining and found it to be informative and sometimes an interesting place. I love the HAMB and I agree it is not for all. But those of us that are HAMB brothers stick together, encourage one another and yes fight amoungst ourselves and are there for one reason the love of being a hotrod hoodlum.