Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-15-2020, 12:33 PM   #1
OldGold360

Default 35-36 Pickup Wiper Motor Question

Hello everyone, I am still searching for answers on my ‘36 pickup as it did not come with everything. I’m stuck on which factory Trico wiper motor these pickups came with. I have searched this forum and someone mentioned that they believe it is not the same as a 35-36 closed cab passenger car. I am not sure if this is fact or not. I’ve searched my green bible but still cannot figure out which wiper motor fits my pickup and properly aligns with the holes in my header panel covers. Any insight would be greatly appreciated and if someone has a working motor for sale, please let me know.

Thanks,
Josh
OldGold360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:43 PM   #2
supereal

Default Re: 35-36 Pickup Wiper Motor Question

Contact C&G (800-266-0470). They rebuild wiper motors and can tell you which is correct. They also sell a "universal" electric wiper motor which is a better choice than the vacuum, if you actually drive in rain, at $39.95 (6 volt) less expensive than rebuilding at $189.
supereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:31 PM   #3
OldGold360

Thanks. I’ll give them a call. I’m still hoping someone know which wiper motor is correct for 35-36 pickups. I am wanting to run the original vacuum operated motor vs electric even though the electrics actually work.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:40 PM   #4
Don Rogers

Josh, You want a Trico KSB 263-3. Enclosed are some images that should help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50-17508 wiper motor.jpg (62.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Trico Truck Wiper Motor.jpg (46.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Truck wiper assembly small.jpg (80.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Truck wiper spacer.jpg (33.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0216.jpg (48.7 KB, 45 views)
Don Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:59 PM   #5
Jeff/Illinois

Josh it's nice to have one for show, but my experience with them was not all that good.

One day I met a semi truck in our '36 PU on the highway and the blast of wind when we passed knocked the wiper arm and blade back into the box.

I put it back on but don't use it.

I simply use Rain-X now and don't drive in the rain anyway
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:24 PM   #6
OldGold360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Rogers View Post
Josh, You want a Trico KSB 263-3. Enclosed are some images that should help.
Don, This is perfect. Thank you very much for the help.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:26 PM   #7
OldGold360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Josh it's nice to have one for show, but my experience with them was not all that good.

One day I met a semi truck in our '36 PU on the highway and the blast of wind when we passed knocked the wiper arm and blade back into the box.

I put it back on but don't use it.

I simply use Rain-X now and don't drive in the rain anyway
Hi Jeff, thanks for the advice. I hope that I do not have a similar situation, but at this time I am wanting all original items on my pickup, with exception of the 8ba I have for it. At some point I may find a ‘36 engine but I’ll cross that hurdle when I get there. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:37 PM   #8
Ggmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGold360 View Post
Hi Jeff, thanks for the advice. I hope that I do not have a similar situation, but at this time I am wanting all original items on my pickup, with exception of the 8ba I have for it. At some point I may find a ‘36 engine but I’ll cross that hurdle when I get there. Thanks for your thoughts.
Too bad you dont live near me . Ive gottwo 21 lb 36-37 21 stud running engines . I thought id use one but have since changed my mind . One is std bore steel pistons the other is .040 over aluminum. Both have cast iron heads . Both running , now on engine test stands .
Gary
Ggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:39 PM   #9
tomcarman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGold360 View Post
Any insight would be greatly appreciated and if someone has a working motor for sale, please let me know.

Thanks,
Josh
I have an engine you may or may not be interested in. Dad bought this engine years ago out of a pickup the owner was going to Hot rod. He said the only reason he bought it was because it ran so well, not that he needed it. He once told me what year truck it came out of but that was years ago and I don't remember. Seems to me if I recall correctly it was pre '40 but could easily be wrong. It turns over just fine and is mostly complete. I have regularly pulled the plugs and put MMO in the cylinders. Without exhuming the engine on this cold and rainy day near as I can tell the serial number is something like 01613 4. I see you're somewhere in SW Wa. I'm near Rochester. If you're interested PM me and come take a look. Maybe a fellow Barner can provide more insight in the year. Dad died 4 years ago so no one left to ask.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200417_112622_resized.jpg (55.4 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 20201215_130914_resized.jpg (46.6 KB, 29 views)
tomcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #10
OldGold360

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcarman View Post
I have an engine you may or may not be interested in. Dad bought this engine years ago out of a pickup the owner was going to Hot rod. He said the only reason he bought it was because it ran so well, not that he needed it. He once told me what year truck it came out of but that was years ago and I don't remember. Seems to me if I recall correctly it was pre '40 but could easily be wrong. It turns over just fine and is mostly complete. I have regularly pulled the plugs and put MMO in the cylinders. Without exhuming the engine on this cold and rainy day near as I can tell the serial number is something like 01613 4. I see you're somewhere in SW Wa. I'm near Rochester. If you're interested PM me and come take a look. Maybe a fellow Barner can provide more insight in the year. Dad died 4 years ago so no one left to ask.
I sent you a PM. Thanks