Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
PhoenixFear

Default A question for Hemet, CA people

I got to talking to a guy the other day who had a '32 pickup. He mentioned a place in Hemet who did the registration for his truck. All he needed was pictures of the frame and numbers and a lady there did the rest. I need to find a place like that as my truck has no title at the moment and it is not able to be moved. Any help on finding this place or a place like it in the southern California area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
PhoenixFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
TJ

Default Re: A question for Hemet, CA people

Anybody who would verify frame #s by looking at a photo and processing a new registration is a very dishonest individual. Any person who is a good licensed VIN verifier would physically come to the location of the vehicle and examine the VIN number in person. If this lady gets caught verifying those #s by looking at a photo she could be headed for some jail time. The DMV could then look back at every vehicle that she has verified and cause those owners some real headaches.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #3
deuce lover

Karens Kar Klearing in Hesperia,CA 760-948-1698 I'm sure can help you BUT you must take the vehicle to them.Make an appt,and trailer it.I know others that have done it and were pleased.The VIN must be clearly visible on the frame.
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #4
PhoenixFear

I've tried asking a few different places and they all seem to have varying stories on what is able to be verified or not. Some say the truck needs to be complete, others say just drag it down. It is half apart so it is easy to look at the numbers. I just would rather find an easier alternative to this as the truck is in a very hard spot to move and is half apart. I don't want someone coming by just to tell me it isn't complete either due to it being in the condition it is in. I had this issue with a motorcycle I inherited and it was a running, driving motorcycle. It took months, lots of research and a few people who didn't point fingers when asked if they can help.
PhoenixFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:32 AM   #5
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Anybody who would verify frame #s by looking at a photo and processing a new registration is a very dishonest individual. Any person who is a good licensed VIN verifier would physically come to the location of the vehicle and examine the VIN number in person. If this lady gets caught verifying those #s by looking at a photo she could be headed for some jail time. The DMV could then look back at every vehicle that she has verified and cause those owners some real headaches.
Hey TJ,
Yeah, I think that you have it right....and wrong ! 'Jail time'...ha ! If that were so, that would indicate that these are caring managers...and that type behavior would, IMO, not have been allowed to exist in first place.
That being said, I know a guy who has a frame ONLY and pink slip in hand..as the 'inspector' was/is his girlfriend
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #6
TJ

Hardtimes, there were a couple of people up in the north bay that did get prosecuted for falsifying/verifying VIN's without inspecting the vehicle. They did go to jail.

PhoenixFear, keep checking as some licensed verifiers will come to your house to check the VIN.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
JOANNEM

Shafter DMV has always been easier than Bakersfield. It is a ways away from you, but if all fails, try there.
JOANNEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #8
Mike B

Up north here, the DMV won't verify the VIN/SN, the Highway Patrol does, and they will come to your place.

You do need to get the form(s) from the DMV though and have them on hand.
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #9
johnh7

Just to echo what Mike B said here in northern California, [further north than Mike B] all vin verifications are done by Highway patrol. I did it about 8 years ago and it was painless.

Live for today, but save for tomorrow!
johnh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #10
51504bat

These guys might work for you:

Also processing YOM aka Year of make plates

NOW ACCEPTING ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS WITH A 3% PROCESSING FEE
We will verify vehicles out of the DMV system, and provide you with Registration, Plates and up to date Tags.
All in one service. Call for pricing and appointments.
310-735-5384
NEW location 6709 Greenleaf ave, Suite 209 Whittier Ca 90601---In UPTOWN WHITTIER
NO TITLE NO PROBLEM

WE CAN HANDLE ANY PAPERWORK PROBLEM YOU MAY HAVE
OUR MOBILE SERVICE TURN AROUND TIME IS 24 HOURS OR INSTANT REGISTRATION IN OUR OFFICE
CALL OR TEXT FOR A QUOTE 310 735 5384
www.facebook.com/AntiqueRegistration

VISIT OUR WEB-SITE FOR MORE INFORMATION
https://sites.google.com/site/310735...boulevard/home
51504bat is offline   Reply With Quote