Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
PhoenixFear

Default SOLD 1953 8BA Engine, possibly transmission

City: San Diego
State: CA
Price: 3500

Up for sale is a 1953 Ford Flathead 8BA engine. The engine has recently been machined as of a couple months ago by a local machine shop. It has been bored .040. The block was magnafluxed with no cracks.
Egge Machine pistons and Hastings rings. Ford 3 3/4" crankshaft was magnafluxed and ground .010/.010. New ARP main bolts and connecting rod nuts. Block was drilled for adjustable lifters and has a set of new Johnson hollow adjustable lifters installed. New solid guides and springs installed. Stainless steel bolts used on most of the engine externally including the oil pan, water pumps and intake. New aluminum timing gear installed. Rebuilt distributor. Ford cam was ground from Schneider Cams. Assembly was professionally balanced. 1949 8BA heads have not been milled, only cleaned. Engine has a GM 1-wire alternator installed and 12V coil. New modern Bob Drake 8RT water pumps. New motor mounts included.
Also included but not pictured is the surfaced flywheel, new pressure plate and clutch disc, Mercury/truck steel transmission adapter and starter plate, rebuilt Holley 94 carb with new throttle shaft and butterflies, new fuel pump, stainless steel oil fill tube and cap, spark plugs, wires and rebuilt starter. Basically everything to make this a turn-key engine. At this time I cannot start the engine, I don't have a run-in stand. This engine was originally built to be put into an earlier chassis but plans have changed. The engine has not been started or ran. Can provide receipts for most purchases as well as info for the cam grind and balancing. Please PM with any offers or questions. I'd like $3500 or best offer for this engine, all offers considered. If interested I have a 1939 transmission freshly rebuilt that can be installed with it, and 1932-1934 torque tube and newly built driveshaft for additional cost. Thanks.

Last edited by PhoenixFear; 08-20-2013 at 10:07 PM.
PhoenixFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
PhoenixFear

Default Re: 1953 8BA Engine, possibly transmission

More pics:

I'll take $3500 for the engine and trans combo, or best offer. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
PhoenixFear

I'll take $2500 for the engine. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
PhoenixFear

Sold thanks