Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #81
HoarseWhisperer

Default Re: people answering questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Lewis View Post
If I was to trust my gut feeling, I'd almost wonder if there's someone with a hidden agenda in the background of this forum who's putting certain people up to this silliness.
Trust that feeling. It is rather obvious.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #82
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700rpm View Post
"6500 are you crazy, i just payed 8k for a fully restored 30 model"
and
"are you crazy you couldve bought 5 of those with that money"

Would these be examples of rude responses?
Hmm, since this (like oil threads) just won't seem to go away, I, like several others here have indicated, have perused the couple dozen or so entries that you have made on this site to date.
EVIDENCE is what I looked for. Evidence that what you have stated ("rude responses") is accurate or not. Out of your written contributions....two stand out wherein you kinda indicate that someone(s) CRAZY twice! 700rpm has accurately recorded your written word above. In your second use of 'crazy'....brentin10ac responded, IMO, in kind.
If you are basing your 'rude responses' remark(S) on this one response and on YOUR participation here , thus far, IMO....you ought to reevaluate your attitude/position in this matter! The evidence DOES NOT support your position, eh!
BTW- I am a 'recovering' crazy person and have gear grease in my yellow hair that's... older than you...does that make it rare?

Lesson: It's not what you say...it's how you say it.

Last edited by hardtimes; 02-10-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: add...
Old 02-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #83
zzlegend

Ok 30 model a. This is just my opinion. Which probably does not mean much. I also saw your post on the phaeton for sale and your post about the Barrett Jackson Roadster Auction. And i have to say, that it looks like you like to use the word "Crazy" alot. If you got upset with the response you were given then i think you should probably give a little more thought when you post your opinion. I have been chastised a couple of times for things that i have posted on here, and i don't think i should have been, but like the old saying,,,"water of a ducks back". I dont let it bother me cause i am a geezer and very easy going. I was a youngin like you along time ago and i hope you dont get offensive and leave this site. Alot of good information is handed out on here and its free info. It don't get know better that. But if you do chose to leave that will be your decision. But i know if you ask a related model a question tomorrow, and ask in a mature way, that alot of people will respond and try to help you out. And for those that don't give the response that satisfies you, then forget em and move on. Again just my 2 cents. Mark.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #84
BILL WILLIAMSON

I'll make some shortinin' bread and black coffee for everyone, guaranteed to mellow us all out!
Bill W's Ghost
Old 02-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #85
spdway1

Where is that B. Terry Guy?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #86
Greg Jones

Craig Lewis, that is downright eloquent!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #87
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

I amy get tarred and feathered for this but here goes !
I also retraced the posts and I would think if anything a post thanking the enlightened members for their free advice was in order. To disagree or have a different opinion is not wrong. To label a group who have been very helpful at no cost to you I consider wrong. Everyone else seems to have beat around the bush. I go on record as saying you should now post a thank you to all the members that have helped and post an apology for suggesting something that just has not been
proven ! I think the knowledgable members have been given a slam they don't deserve! So now I say be a man about it and apologize ! If you don't like my house don't knock on the door does us both a favor and go to another house !!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #88
modeleh

The older I get the more I realize that all people are kids, just some are in an older looking shell than others. One of my best pals I ever had was 60 years older than me, and I met him when I was 23. Age is not a concern here. Maturity is what matters.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #89
Craig Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Craig Lewis, that is downright eloquent!
well thankyou Greg
..darn nicest thing said to me all year
Old 02-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #90
Milton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Blood View Post
Thanks for saying what ive been wanting to say for quite some time now without having a handful of senior citizens cyber jump me. Its kinda funny how back in "their day" hacking up a stock model A/T to build a rod to cruise or race was okay, but for us to be born and appreciate the work they had done and try our absolute best to mock even some of the smallest things they had done if even just to restore or customize a build in the easiest way is ignored or under appreciated . Not just through a forum but at car shows and cruises does it make me sick to think of how much we, the young, respect the older folk who have done it all and in a sense set the standards for us and yet from some we still get stepped on. These people should be trying to pass on what they know, and in some cases what they have not finished or may not be able to finish to us. What the hell did you older folks do when you didn't know something or needed help on your project when the internet or such car shows weren't around. This is how we operate and do things now days, with help from people around the globe brainwashing themselves with what you have created or appreciated from the start. Whether or not its restoring %100 or building straight from the heart of tradition. This is what it has become and if not passed on or respected from the ones who did it first it will eventually die out. These thoughts and belongings are possessions you cannot take with you and I hope they will all stay...

Muscle, Rat, or Street rod are not in any of our vocabulary and if anyone here is to argue with anything I have stated please pm me and I will be more than happy to explain myself in a more polite manner, that is if I have ANY respect for anyone who "looks down" on me or feels I have crossed the line in any way. I am 24 years of age building a pre-war roadster and hoping for someone to come my way chewing me out about this...Ill be waiting -YoungBlood
OK Bosco here it comes. I will not pm my response because you had your public say and now it is my turn. This is not a chewing just a dose of reality from a 71 year old that was 24 once. As your post indicated,

"I will be more than happy to explain myself in a more polite manner,"

you obviously were impolite and you know it, so "Comes around, goes around."

"Its kinda funny how back in "their day" hacking up a stock model A/T to build a rod to cruise or race was okay"

That is tantamount to hacking a Ford Focus today so feel free but keep the comparisons in the proper time frame.

"try our absolute best to mock even some of the smallest things they had done if even just to restore or customize a build in the easiest way is ignored or under appreciated ."

I respect creativity not plagiarism, how much appreciation do you feel is deserved by a copy of the real thing.

"What the hell did you older folks do when you didn't know something or needed help on your project when the internet or such car shows weren't around."

We figured it out. The person that can do that is the person I respect.

"This is how we operate and do things now days, with help from people around the globe"

Dandy, do it your way but don't expect me to. I come from a time when individualism was a quality and I'm just not ready for group hugs and singing Kum by ya, especially with this group.

I am eager to help anyone I can but, after 70 plus years, I'm too old to waste what precious time I have left listening to whiners let alone responding to them. Since you obviously need this help I am making an exception.

Save this thread and if and/or when you make seventy read it and you might be able understand where I'm coming from.

Don't bother to respond, I think it is about even now and I am through with this thread.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #91
Jack '29 Sport Coupe

WOW! Can't we all just get along? I'm 70 and love talking with anybody about A's regardless of their age. I talked to some fourth graders a couple of years ago and gave a mini history lesson at the same time. It was more fun than a barrell of monkeys. Sometimes I get to be the kid and someone much older than me gets to play teacher. I love reading the posts from the younger guys, and sometimes I learn a thing or two about the A. Old guys and young guys------START YOUR ENGINES!!!

Jack
Old 02-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #92
James Rogers

Craig, I went back and read your post and could not agree more. The youth of today expect everything handed to them on a silver platter. The entitlement attitude is rampant among the population but, you know what, We did it to ourselves. We all wanted more and better for our children just as our parents did for us. This came from the depths of the depression when nobody had work, money or things. We carried it too far and now we have to pay the price. You will always appreciate what you EARN more than what is given to you.

As for paying your dues, we all have to do that. Every time you ask a question you pay some dues by accepting the answer. Some dues are cheap but some are expensive and the answer may not sound like what you want to hear or offend you. That doesn't make the answer wrong, just you. I was always told "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". I grew up poor and stupid and had to pay some pretty big dues but I survived and now the path is easier. Don't let paying dues scare or pi$$ you off, we all have to pay them

Remember, nobody here owes you anything and the answers can get a little gruff, especially in the middle of winter.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #93
HoarseWhisperer

"If I was to trust my gut feeling, I'd almost wonder if there's someone with a hidden agenda",.............

involving a sinister, behind-the-scenes evil plot to change the format of FB to the Hell's Kitchen online cooking show, demonstrating the finer aspects of "stirring the pot".
Old 02-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #94
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdway1 View Post
Where is that B. Terry Guy?
Why do you ask ?

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Old 02-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #95
rustyrim

Troll (Internet)

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted".
While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]
Old 02-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #96
azmodela
BANNED

To keep you updated rusty rim, internet troll is a rather outdated term. Internet ninja or keyboard assassin is a current term. They are quick, swift, quiet, and usually cause great harm before you can realize what has happened. They hide behind the keyboard much as a real ninja uses the cover of darkness.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #97
85930tudor

Send a message via Yahoo to 85930tudor

Do they use keyboard Karate?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #98
asapguy

30modelA. don't feel bad. I'm a senior member & owned Model A's for over 50 yrs. Got my 1st at 15 yrs old. I onced asked asked a question about home use of soda blasters for stripping paint. I got 7 or 8 sarcastic answers before someone finely gave me a reasonable answer. I send a lot of pictures to guys on the forum but try to do it in a personal msg. Good luck to you. Perry
Old 02-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #99
Young_Blood

Jack '29 Sport Coupe, we need more folks like you!!

Milton, Thank you for the reply. You just fueled my post even more by proving me right! I appreciate it!..

"I am eager to help anyone I can but, after 70 plus years, I'm too old to waste what precious time I have left listening to whiners let alone responding to them."

..Hahahahahaha, on that contradicting note ill leave this thread alone!!! -YB
Old 02-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #100
bogdonj

Im pretty sure we can learn from older ppl and younger ppl. I"m 26 and have talked to everyone and have been giving or gave good advice to every age!
1930 Ford Original Rolling Chassis- Restoring
Closed Thread