Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2021, 05:17 PM   #101
jg61hawk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 329
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

Whatever we end up talking about on this thread keeps bumping it up.....I'm satisfied the VAST MAJORITY have the right idea....I just bumped this thread!!!!! Now give some money
jg61hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:50 AM   #102
Tinbasher
Senior Member
 
Tinbasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Innisfil, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,079
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

The Fund is doing well, Keep up the good work folks and we'll really be able to help him out. JP
Tinbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 06-27-2021, 04:31 PM   #103
dlfrisch
Senior Member
 
dlfrisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Florida - 32128
Posts: 397
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

I wood like to see more of our Model A friends, pitching in with more $ dollars to help Tom Wesenberg financially get back on his feet.
dlfrisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:01 PM   #104
Jordan
Senior Member
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ft. Worth
Posts: 969
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

Fort Worth Club is sending $500. Should be on it's way.
__________________
Cowtown A's
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:39 PM   #105
Barry B./ Ma.
Senior Member
 
Barry B./ Ma.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southbridge, Ma.
Posts: 1,614
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

That is just terrible saw him for a few years at Hershey , fires are very unkind.
Barry B./ Ma. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:09 PM   #106
Tom Wesenberg
Senior Member
 
Tom Wesenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mpls, MN
Posts: 27,581
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I want to thank everyone for your support. It means a lot to Marilee and me. We are engaged, but not married yet. Since the fire everything is on hold until we can get back on our feet. We got a bank loan to buy a trailer house 150 miles north of here, and luckily it has a couple storage buildings so I can house some of what can be saved. Most all of my homemade Model A tools are gone as well as many of my Model A parts, but I can save some and will have to restore them again.
I'll be working on making EVR's and restoring generators after we get settled in and squared away.
I didn't have any of my antique cars insured because I wasn't driving any of them since covid hit. After my mother passed away the house insurance more than doubled, so foolishly I let it lapse.
This has been the hottest summer I can remember, and it takes so much out of a person that it slows the progress on moving what I can save to up north. The city wants the house cleared as soon as possible. Today I asked for a 3 week extension so I can save more parts that I had in the basement.
Within a month or two I will have to line up a buyer and set a timeline for final demolishment and cleanup. It's very physically and mentally taxing, but I will stay with it as long as I can. I think my 29 Tudor can be saved, but it's still blocked by heavy debris in front of it. For some reason I can't post pictures here like I used to.
Thanks Again, Tom
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:18 PM   #107
Ray in La Mesa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: La Mesa Ca
Posts: 918
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

So great to hear your are recovering from the disaster, keep a positive attitude. We're all pulling for you.
Ray in La Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 04:13 AM   #108
Benson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,265
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

Here is how to help Tom and Marilee.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tom-wesen...ource=customer
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:37 AM   #109
rocket1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midland Park,N.J.
Posts: 1,085
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

It is our responsibility to have insurance on house and contents,i hurt for him such a loss,so barners pay attention to what can happen check your antique auto polices and house ins.limits!
rocket1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 03:35 PM   #110
katy
Senior Member
 
katy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,466
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket1 View Post
It is our responsibility to have insurance on house and contents,
I don't agree, it is ones choice, not responsibility.
What makes you think that it's a responsibility?
Be careful what you say, the big brother government might hear what you say and make it mandatory.
__________________
Play it again Sam.
katy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 08:35 AM   #111
Jeff/Illinois
Senior Member
 
Jeff/Illinois's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,542
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy View Post
I don't agree, it is ones choice, not responsibility.
What makes you think that it's a responsibility?
Be careful what you say, the big brother government might hear what you say and make it mandatory.
Absolutely. X2

The insurance company was really putting it to Tom. Big time. He told me what they were doing to him on his house several years ago when we spoke up at Ken Ehrenhofer's at the Model A swap meet.

An attorney that taught Business Law classes I was in at school in the early 70's hammered into our heads many times, and I'll never forget him, 'The Insurance Company is NOT your friend so get that out of your heads.'
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 07:43 AM   #112
1929
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 915
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Absolutely. X2

The insurance company was really putting it to Tom. Big time. He told me what they were doing to him on his house several years ago when we spoke up at Ken Ehrenhofer's at the Model A swap meet.

An attorney that taught Business Law classes I was in at school in the early 70's hammered into our heads many times, and I'll never forget him, 'The Insurance Company is NOT your friend so get that out of your heads.'
Exactly, they just raised my new premium over $300 because of the high cost of lumber, is their reason.
1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 08:11 AM   #113
Tom Wesenberg
Senior Member
 
Tom Wesenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mpls, MN
Posts: 27,581
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1929 View Post
Exactly, they just raised my new premium over $300 because of the high cost of lumber, is their reason.
Wow! The sure caught on quickly with that excuse.
I'd never have thought of that one.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 06:04 PM   #114
Jeff/Illinois
Senior Member
 
Jeff/Illinois's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,542
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1929 View Post
Exactly, they just raised my new premium over $300 because of the high cost of lumber, is their reason.
Like Tom said, I never saw THAT one coming either.

But in today's news they just said that lumber is back to 2018 prices and will drop another 28% by December. Is the Ins. Co. going to give you a refund for THAT difference it ought to work both ways??
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 06:54 PM   #115
TerryH
Senior Member
 
TerryH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fountain Valley, Calif.
Posts: 874
Default Re: Tom Wesenberg

I just received my annual homeowners insurance renewal with AAA, and my premium was within a few dollars of last years…..they certainly did not raise it due to higher lumber or other costs.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.