Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2021, 05:41 PM   #1
psimet

Default 28 battery box

I searched and can't find any threads on this so I apologize if it's been covered a lot already.

I still have the original "battery box" on my '28. It was rusted through at one point in the past and my uncle must have bolted a really thick piece of steel angle to it to support it. "Works" but I cant figure out for the life of me how the battery was held in.

So I ordered up one of the replacement ones form one of the parts houses. I also ordered up a set of the "corners". The replacement came and has one hole on each end for mounting and then another hole on one of the tabs.

My original has 4 bolts holding it to the frame - 2 on each side. Then it has a rusted bolt sticking up in the air which I assume was for some sort of hold down.

I don't see how this reproduction part is supposed to bolt in. Also the little corner style hold downs - I found a rusted one in the car. The two I got say they're for the later cars.

I also found a plate with 2 spring clips on the back. It was just in the car. A look at Model A Medic shows it's apparently "Battery cover".

So - does anyone know if this battery box will fit into my '28? If so does anyone have pictures of how it should go in and look? Also how are batteries being held in? I just can't make enough sense out of what I have to just get this done.

....and where do I put this "battery cover" and how does it clip on to whatever it's supposed to clip on to?

I can take pictures later if needed.
psimet is offline   Reply With Quote