Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #21
TonyM

Default Re: Yet another MACS experience !

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatheadmurre View Post
I think Ecklers dont understand the Ford parts system to start with...they started by messing with the parts numbering leaving fords system to adapt their own...

And mac was getting a lot of buisness from us cause they used to be real good !!
Never had a problem with the old Mac's. I have ordered from Eckler's Mac's only a couple times with no problems but once they messed up the Ford Part Number system is when I pulled the plug. I guess they went back to the old system but the damage is done. I go to Joe's or C & G or Carpenter (I have bought from most every body at least once --Drake's, Gaslight, Dennis Carpenter, LB Bonney, Bill Hirsch etc) . Judging by the amount of complaints seen on the forums, I would imagine the new Mac's has lost a lot of business since Ecklers bought the store.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #22
tubman

[QUOTE=V8COOPMAN;1182210]Hey SCOTT BROOKS at Ecklers.......Trevor, and now YOU, have been playing this same game since late January. Once again, a dis-satisfied customer posts about another legitimate, unpleasant MAC's experience, and you jump-in here with a little bit more of what has now become just more rhetorical BS. For instance, do you not have access to a MAC's catalog so that YOU "can look up the pricing history"? What the heck difference will a "pricing history" make for any future customers anyway? Besides that little song and dance, it seems that if you were at least sincere, you could have probably researched that history and replied with SOMETHING in far less than the two days it's been so far. Almost seems like your rare and impromptu appearances here are only to pat the few remaining sheep on the head when they become most-restless. NOTHING has changed in a positive direction since your first post on Jan. 28, despite your repeated implications that The Company cares. DD[

I completely agree with "V8COOPMAN"; lots of talk, and no action. I quit ordering from Mac's when I learned Ecklers took them over. I had had enough negative experiences in the Corvette world with Ecklers. To you Eckler shills : "put up or shut up". We don't need any more of your "lip service" posts.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:59 AM   #23
Eckler's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagMan View Post
Scott,
The part number is 18-8212 and is listed in the catalog at a price of $15.75. It's on page 67, although the index appears to be off 2 pages. The index has page 69 listed.
Thanks,
Bob
Bob,
My apologizes it has taken for taking a few days to get back with you. I looked in our system at the pricing history. You are correct at one time it was $15.75 but we found a supplier with a much better quality part. In turn our cost of the item went up there for the retail went up.

Email me direct at [email protected]
Eckler's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:09 AM   #24
Eckler's

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Hey SCOTT BROOKS at Ecklers.......Trevor, and now YOU, have been playing this same game since late January. Once again, a dis-satisfied customer posts about another legitimate, unpleasant MAC's experience, and you jump-in here with a little bit more of what has now become just more rhetorical BS. For instance, do you not have access to a MAC's catalog so that YOU "can look up the pricing history"? What the heck difference will a "pricing history" make for any future customers anyway? Besides that little song and dance, it seems that if you were at least sincere, you could have probably researched that history and replied with SOMETHING in far less than the two days it's been so far. Almost seems like your rare and impromptu appearances here are only to pat the few remaining sheep on the head when they become most-restless. NOTHING has changed in a positive direction since your first post on Jan. 28, despite your repeated implications that The Company cares. DD
Sorry you feel that way about me. But if you think i just say those things to "rhetorical" then you're sorely mistaken. I also own cars and work on them and order parts many different vendors so i know everything that you guys go through. Pricing, shipping, customer service and etc. And yes i have access to everything Mac's. And if you must know why it takes me a couple days to reply sometimes is because i'm not always in the office. I have health issues that require me to be out of the office a lot. I have helped numerous people via PM. And lastly i'd like to add that things do not change overnight in any business.

Email me direct at [email protected]
Eckler's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:30 AM   #25
trike84

Amen to that!!! this is in responce to 3 post up.

Last edited by trike84; 11-03-2015 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Addition
trike84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:15 PM   #26
TagMan

Thanks, Scott, for getting back to me and my apologies for the one or two rude remarks made as a result of this thread. I was just bringing forth a business experience and like the Godfather said, "It's business, not personal".

In any event, I really don't see how the part was improved enough to warrant a 300+% price increase, unless manufacture was moved from offshore to the U.S.A.
-Bob
TagMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:53 PM   #27
Bassman/NZ

I used to buy from Macs, but Ecklers changed the shipping. Because I live half a world away from the USA, shipping is important to me. Shipping used to be on a normal basis, but Ecklers introduced a flat rate system. I wanted a T'bird speedo cable clip, a tiny item costing a few cents and weighing almost zero. They quoted me something ridiculous like $45 for shipping for an item that would have fitted in a regular envelope. Speedway do the same thing. C&G and others charge shipping on a case by case basis, seems like laziness on the part of Macs and Speedway. Needless to say, I'm done with both companies.
Bassman/NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #28
Fred A

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrunmotor View Post
I wanted to buy a cowl wiring harness earlier today-which would fit in a $6.95 flat rate USPS box-heck 3 of them would fit in the UPSS box-Mac's part Price was OK but they wanted $29.95 for shipping. I've read so many complaints about their shipping charges. No Thanks-got it on line
I know first hand some of the shipping can be a shocker. I ordered some small engine parts for my A. Cost me $29 shipping. Things changed and had to forward the order to a shop. Cost me $7 for the flat rate. I guess that they don't sell flat rate in New York. Makes the motives pretty clear. Good Luck: Fred A
Fred A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:00 PM   #29
39topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckler's View Post
Bob,
My apologizes it has taken for taking a few days to get back with you. I looked in our system at the pricing history. You are correct at one time it was $15.75 but we found a supplier with a much better quality part. In turn our cost of the item went up there for the retail went up.
So now you have a much better quality part? A simple question, "Why were you selling this inferior part (junk) in the first place?"
39topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:52 PM   #30
rowens55

I have never ordered from Mack's. But after reading all the various threads on the matter, I just now tossed my Mack's catalog in the round file. I have several others to choose from. Parts for my 55CV are hard enough to come by without gettin gouged.
Rowen
Old 11-05-2015, 01:02 AM   #31
Dodge

The other pisser is that they are now putting everything in their catalog on ebay and
taking up pages wasting every ones time looking for parts. If I want a new Model A part
I'll look in a catalog. I don't need my time wasted with their desperate move to sell parts.

HANDLE IT SCOTT.................Hope you guys end up in the toilet.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:19 AM   #32
1938 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
The other pisser is that they are now putting everything in their catalog on ebay and
taking up pages wasting every ones time looking for parts. If I want a new Model A part
I'll look in a catalog. I don't need my time wasted with their desperate move to sell parts.

HANDLE IT SCOTT.................Hope you guys end up in the toilet.
Sorry but my experience has always been nothing but positive with Mac's. I have bought many items over the last couple of years and have been satisfied. If I need a small item that is going to cost big bucks in shipping charges I check with eBay first and usually find someone selling that same item and offering free shipping with it. I only buy from Mac's when they offer 15/20% off which offsets the expensive shipping costs. Free shipping always motivates me to buy more!
Old 11-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #33
chap52

I always had good "luck" with Mac's. Recently I ordered a starter drive, got a "processing your order e-mail, will advise when shipped. Didn't hear anything for a week, called and was advised that the item was on back order and at least three weeks out. Would have been nice to have been told that when the order was placed, as some vendors do... Sometimes you win...sometimes you loose. Got the part elsewhere in three days!
chap52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #34
aussiesteve

Will not buy from any of the Eckler owned companies inc Macs and Dearborn Classics.
Their business practices suck.
aussiesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #35
willowbilly3

I only ever bought one thing from Mac's, a carpet set for a 64 Galaxy. It was parked outside and within a couple months my blue carpet was all bleached out from the sun. When I called them I got yadda yadda, outside supplier, blah blah we can't stand behind them. I never ordered from them again.
willowbilly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:33 PM   #36
petehoovie

Soon, this thread/ranting will get as many hits as "What I did on my lunch hour"....

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:51 PM   #37
HOTROD_WILLIE

Is there any other place to buy early ford parts? I would buy more from dennis carpenter but I live in north Carolina. That means paying nc sell tax.
HOTROD_WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:02 PM   #38
zzlegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD_WILLIE View Post
Is there any other place to buy early ford parts? I would buy more from dennis carpenter but I live in north Carolina. That means paying nc sell tax.
Try C and G ford. Good people.
http://cgfordparts.com/

Or the Early Ford Store
http://earlyfordstore.com/
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:36 PM   #39
GSCOV

For me and my crew it's Joe's Antique Auto Parts in Uxbridge, Mass. same day shipping, extra personal experience. Maybe a few less items, but check Joe first.
GSCOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:19 PM   #40
Steves46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSCOV View Post
For me and my crew it's Joe's Antique Auto Parts in Uxbridge, Mass. same day shipping, extra personal experience. Maybe a few less items, but check Joe first.
Same here. Joe is top notch!