Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #21
rocket1

Default Re: Great day at Hershey

I enjoyed the great weather at Hershey,storm hit Friday pm.I sold some stuff and bought a few A parts,there were a lot of electric scooters running around,possibly the car guys are getting up in years,maybe if some of them lost a few pounds they could walk,just a thought.
rocket1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:26 PM   #22
Reeg

I slept in my van in the camping area and got kicked out in the morning for not registering as I was leaving anyway. Then I picked up my brookville roadster body and my FRame and title from a nice guy in Texas and I was a happy camper headed to nj. Roadster in the van and the brookville guys helped me put the frame on the roof. Nice guys from Ohio. I was almost forced to wait til 4am but got in and tipped the security on the way out for not making me wait til 4. Came back the next day w my son who bought a lot of toy cars and trains. Many of the vendors were really nice and we're giving them away free to the kids. Overall a good experience, sat was a ghost own but chocolate world was nice.
Reeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:06 PM   #23
grumpyoldsman

this was my 3rd year of vending at Hershey. talked to some very nice people . bought a few parts, sold a few. delt with a few that wernt so nice . cant say Ill do it again. love walking and trying to find parts for my cars. been going since 1975 ,walked in mud up over the tops of my shoes back in the day and it was still more fun than trying to sell parts to some people. hope I can get a little motivation from this
grumpyoldsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:50 AM   #24
Chuck Kuntz

I took just a few things to sell again this year. Stuck my wife with the selling as I enjoy walking and looking too much. Traffic was down in the Green Field but sold just about everything I took. Could not believe the amount of T stuff that was for sale. Covered the entire flea market twice in 3 1/2 days. Not bad for 73. Saw quite a few JC Whitney type model A horns for $80 to $100. Some were marked original. Worst buy I saw was a Model A oilpan for $100. No, it was not a very early or late one. I was hoping to find a 36 radio head for a descent price, but no luck. Overall, great weather and show.
Chuck Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:52 AM   #25
dean from bozeman

This was my 12th year at Hershey. Didn't buy much but there are not too many very early 1928 (ve28) parts out there. These days I get wish lists from buddies and try to help them out with a few items. Great time seeing friends and making connections.

Not only do I look for parts but I enjoy going through the car corral. This year it seemed very heavy with those giant cars from the 70's with low miles. The prices of most of the Model A's in the corral seemed to be a bit on the high side.

I averaged about 7 miles and about three hours of conversation per day. Already looking forward to next year.
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:01 PM   #26
Barry B./ Ma.

Smile Re: Great day at Hershey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931 flamingo View Post
I was there Wednesday and was fortunate (according to them) enough to have gotten the last scooter ! ! Therefore I was able to see about 90% of the show. Had a great time. Met some nice people and able to hook up with Barry B. Ma for lunch and some sight seeing.
Paul in CT
Always good to see you Paul, thanks again for lunch, Barry B.
Barry B./ Ma. is offline   Reply With Quote