Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #21
Gumpy

Default Re: Hello all

very nice car....always nice to have the wind whirling around at 45mph!!
Gumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #22
kp

Had a good friend that drove an original 28 Chev.roadster ,he put an old quilt over the seat,it looked like hell warmed over(but drove well) ,but he had more fun than anyone at car meets.I guess its what ever trips your trigger. Good luck with what ever you do with YOUR car ! I wish I had a roadster but am presently looking for a 31 4 door A.
kp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #23
bobbycoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Parker Toronto View Post
Sturgis, there are a lot of issues that are easily addressed with the body off the frame. It sure makes it a lot easier to just bend over rather than trying to work upside down on things like the oil pan. When you get older, the floor is a long way down, and it gets harder to get up. There was only 12 bolts to undo, and my 10 year old grandson helped. We then lifted the body up 6 feet, a feat that he thought was impossible! You can't buy that sense of pride he had when it was up in the air. I'm sure he'll be around when it comes back down!
Jim, A "frame off" resto is great as it is a lot easier, but what you are doing is much better a "GRAND CHILD ON" is the best restoration money can buy!!!! Teaching them to work safe and enjoy the thrill of accomplishment that will last them a lifetime. Quality time with the grandkids PRICELESS! bobbycoke P.S. grandaughter#1 gets 1930 tudor, Grandson #2 wants the 1930 pickup, now 3&4 want to know where is their cars, oh well 2 more projects comming!!!
bobbycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #24
jboggess

Hello all, thank you for the replys. I am happy to be apart of this fourm. When i say off the frame restoration i dont mean any thing fancy, just that were going to lift the body off the frame and give it a coat of paint then put it back on. This car is going to be a driver not a Concourse Special. Also the body of the car has some intersting rust spots. So in the furture i will take pictures of the rust spots and see what you all think. Thanks So Much.
jboggess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #25
ratamahata

greetings from Argentina.
ratamahata is offline   Reply With Quote