Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-22-2021, 08:10 AM   #1
Mart

Default A nice visit to the Klondyke Steam Rally. Mart's 41 Pickup makes the trip!

Hello! Welcome to this week's offering from Mart's Garage (Outside Broadcast Div.).
I got the 41 pickup fired up and drove to Draycott in the Clay to visit the Klondyke Mill Steam Preservation Society. They were holding their Annual Steam Party. I have no real knowledge of these old beasts but as an engineer and general gearhead really appreciate the stunning functional beauty of the machines. They were the High Tech of their day.
So sit back and relax as I wander around in awe not really knowing what I'm looking at. Good job I can read badges.
I really enjoyed it and hope you do too.
Mart.
https://youtu.be/wYZdv9eVe_A
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:24 AM   #2
mfirth

Default Re: A nice visit to the Klondyke Steam Rally. Mart's 41 Pickup makes the trip!

Nice show Mart ! Love anything steam. Didn't you take us here last year about this time?
I was scared of steam train locomotives as a kid till a switcher engineer working near my dad's shop offered me a ride. I was hooked. In the late 80s my wife & I chased a Y 6 B locomotive to get pics. I drove my 84 Thunderbird V8 85-90 mph to get it. Love the smell & sounds almost as much as our Flathead Fords. Thanks Mart, made my day. CHEERS
mfirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:58 AM   #3
Als48

Default Re: A nice visit to the Klondyke Steam Rally. Mart's 41 Pickup makes the trip!

Thanks again, Mart. I love walking around at those meets and admiring the 100 yr old technology that made these things possible.

Our local show rarely has any steam engines anymore. Only hit/miss and old tractors, etc. One fellow has an antique outboard collection. Another has whizzer motorbikes and was the engine builder for a Bonneville record holding twin-engined Whizzer! I was impressed. Another local guy has a record-holding Crosley, not sure if it still has the record. Another always has at least one vintage Mustang motorcycle.

Al Hook
Als48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 12:23 PM   #4
corvette8n

Great show Mart, thanks for the ride, I think that ‘41 Enfield would look nice parked next to my Ford of the same year, if only I had the money and room.
corvette8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:55 PM   #5
deuce5wndw

Outstanding show! Thanks for taking us along!
deuce5wndw is offline   Reply With Quote