Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-07-2023, 09:34 AM   #21
Marshall V. Daut

Default Re: 2 blade or 4 blade fan

Here is something else to consider: Occasionally in the Model A classified section of this website - and especially in the V8 section, the home of the four-blade fan - people offer four-blade fans for sale, sometimes singly and sometimes en masse. Perhaps it's Schadenfreude for me because of my horrible experience with the d*mned things and because I have removed so many from Model A's before disaster struck, but I follow the sales progress of those fans. Or more correctly stated, LACK of progress. They sit there in the classifieds day after day, week after week, repeatedly being moved to the top of the stack every once in a while by the seller. I once offered five four-blade fans for a measly $25.00, i.e., $5.00 each. No takers from either classified section, day after day, week after week. The ad got very few viewers, too, which is a sure sign of desirabilty. Even V-8 guys are gun-shy about buying used four-blade fans for the very cars that came equipped with them from the factory! What does THAT tell us about four-blade fans?
The word is out...bad news!
Marshall
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote