Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-22-2016, 07:51 AM   #21
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers
Default Re: Model A Parts Mailed?

This forum is a wealth of information and it's great when someone sees an article that others don't that might have an interest that might not be aware of it.

"Just in case anybody did not receive their Model A parts in the mail recently, they may want to look at these photos and also read today's news article:

"Postal worker under investigation after thousands of letters found in woods."

I think this is what Mr Chauvin did. Barners that have had the same experience can relate to the information.

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:45 AM   #22
captndan

My VA has great free valet parking. I would drive one of my A's up there just to show off. Problem is none of the attendants would know how to start it. Good service starts with a good attitude.
captndan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 10-22-2016, 09:12 AM   #23
leo

I gave up my subscription to Old Cars because I was not receiving over half of my issues. The subscription office of Old Cars blamed the USPS and put a trace on my issues. Amazingly they began to appear again, but the trace was only a temporary assist so as soon as it was removed my issues started disappearing again. So, I've purchased a product and the provider of that product cannot provide it because the mail service for third class items stinks (better words come to mind) and the USPS doesn't care and answers to no one at my level for anything. Is this the way the system is supposed to work??? Why should any of us be surprised.....
leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:05 PM   #24
Cool Hand Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by captndan View Post
BOOOO! Totally inappropriate for this forum.

I agree, captndan. But it sure does help some to pad their posting numbers, eh? Except for one or two guys on here who really have good ideas, I generally ignore the posts made by the "High Number Members". I read this whole thread and I got a lot of new names to add to the list. And I will probably be added to their list too.

Oh oh, gotta go... a dog just marked the rear tire on my Model A. Any suggestions to keep that from happening to my Model A Ford ? (On Topic)
Cool Hand Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:51 AM   #25
H. L. Chauvin

Hi Cool,

Per your #22 request on dog marking/Model A suggestions?

A 24" square, scrap piece of metal roofing connected to an electric fence shocking machine placed over your same wet rear Model A tire.

One zap on his whistle, and he will start looking for trees, landscape bushes, and fire hydrants ...... anything but a Model A wheel.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote