Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-18-2014, 06:53 PM   #1
dlfrisch

Default Signal lights

I just installed a new turn-signal unit (Signal Stat series 900 6V). I followed the directions using a eight section terminal block and I can‘t figure out where I went wrong. Temporarily jumping the lighting fixture circuits, they are all correct- right/left- front/rear. The only thing, that is confusing, is that the signal switching schematic shows a center connecting spot on the term block. It shows a [red/green] wire coming out of the signal switching harness and to be connected through to (Signal Stat 900 only) steering column light switch. I’m not sure as to what they want…..

To start with, the new turn signal unit does not have a [red/green] wire coming out of the harness, so that ends that procedure.

Just thought maybe someone may have an idea…..I’m going back out and fuss with it. I do have a good mechanical ground. I installed a separate wire from the new unit on the steering column to the chassis.
dlfrisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
Peteva

Default Re: Signal lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrisch View Post
I just installed a new turn-signal unit (Signal Stat series 900 6V). I followed the directions using a eight section terminal block and I can‘t figure out where I went wrong. Temporarily jumping the lighting fixture circuits, they are all correct- right/left- front/rear. The only thing, that is confusing, is that the signal switching schematic shows a center connecting spot on the term block. It shows a [red/green] wire coming out of the signal switching harness and to be connected through to (Signal Stat 900 only) steering column light switch. I’m not sure as to what they want…..

To start with, the new turn signal unit does not have a [red/green] wire coming out of the harness, so that ends that procedure.

Just thought maybe someone may have an idea…..I’m going back out and fuss with it. I do have a good mechanical ground. I installed a separate wire from the new unit on the steering column to the chassis.
Re: Signal Stat 900 modification
Here's how to add the eighth wire to the Signal- Stat 900 turn signal switch.

Remove the bottom cover (two screws). You will find two rows of four tubular rivets with wires soldered to them except for two. The two will be centered in the bottom row. Solder a wire across these two rivets connecting them together and then bring the wire out for the eighth wire and mark it red–green. This wire then connects to the wire from the headlight switch for the cowl lights. The two original wires red and green should be already connected to the cowl lights. Now when the turn signal switch is off and the headlight switch is in the parking light position both cowl lights will be lit. When the turn signal switch is on then a cowl light will begin flashing.

My switch is old and the new ones may be a little different in side but you should be able to figure it out. Hope this helps you.

Peteva
Peteva is offline   Reply With Quote