Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #1
Cpuckett

Default 31 Roadster convertible top replacement question

I want to have my top replaced. Does anyone know of a company that sells one ready to bolt on or do I need to buy just the material and find an upholstery place to replace it? If that’s the case who sells the best replacement kits?
Thanks
Cpuckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:32 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 31 Roadster convertible top replacement question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpuckett View Post
I want to have my top replaced. Does anyone know of a company that sells one ready to bolt on or do I need to buy just the material and find an upholstery place to replace it? If that’s the case who sells the best replacement kits?
Thanks
You are asking for a loaded answer. LeBaron Bonney used to offer a complete assembly using Girtz/Superior top irons. They no longer produce those, and L/B is gone too, so that is out. Karl Wescott told me that he is about to offer 40B top irons but I don't think they are in production yet.

Next comes the correct material. The (most) correct Olive Drab material that Eric Haartz was manufacturing is still out of production to my knowledge, so if you desire something close to correct, then you will need to find someone who has the material. To my knowledge, none of the kit manufacturers are making a top that is 100% authentic aesthetically. If none, -or only some of the above matters to you, then look to either Cartouche or Classtique for them to provide you with a kit. Both will serve you well.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote