Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-05-2015, 05:36 PM   #21
MikeK

Default Re: eBay pricing

You can cut out a lot of the crapola when searching eBay by entering exclusions in your search terms. There's a character limit (I think 135) and I use it all.

Here's one I have saved in my eBay Searches you follow page so I just click on it:
Model A Ford -(fits, beech, boat, bosch, cover, Cadillac, Cessna, chevy, chopped, chopper, Chrysler, control, convertible, corvette, coverking, diesel, digital, dodge, evinrude, fiberglass, fits, Harley, Harley-Davidson, highboy, honda, hot, hotrod, infiniti, J, Johnson, Kawasaki, laser, marin).

When countless pages of some new kind of junk start coming through I just change my search exclusion list a little to fix the problem.
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #22
CarlG

Mike, If you need 6 more characters, just delete one of the "fits," Great idea though, I'm gonna try it myself!
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:58 PM   #23
Great Lakes Greg

I sold two "A's on ebay this spring. I didn't start with a crazy number and was fairly satisfied with where they ended up. Both were no reserve and the market decided they're worth.
Great Lakes Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:33 PM   #24
redmodelt

I use (Ford) Model T -fits (or A as the case maybe). Sometimes the seller leaves off the word Ford using () around it lets the engine search for ether. I know of one seller that will not put Ford in his titles. Over on the left side you can click "used" then save in your favorites. Generally you will get most of the used parts listed and a few odd ducks (how those get in I don't know).
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #25
glenn in camino

Quote:
Originally Posted by miff View Post
I know that a lot of use have bought on eBay . Have you noticed in the past years more and more iron is showing up and they think it is gold plated . Like most of us we have a pile of that iron in some corner and taking up room . Also when I am looking for a particular part on eBay none are up for bids . But after I locate the part I was needing . eBay is full of them . Just a comment. Miff
Kinda like a swap meet.
glenn in camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:06 AM   #26
burner31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerhardt View Post
Here is an eBay bargain!
Hot Damn....I've got two of those...I'm rich
burner31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:19 AM   #27
Charlville

Ha ha, I agree, I've bought plenty of stuff for very reasonable prices on the Barn & HAMB classifieds. Let's keep it in house, could call it "A" bay?
Sporadic progress on My 1929 Sport Coupe can be found here along with my blog
http://automotiveamerican.com/
Charlville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:30 PM   #28
Tom in SW VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
Unfortunatley I estimate that less than 20% of the people into Model A's that have access to a computer visit Fordbarn on a regular basis and many ask a question on the forum, get an answer and leave until they have another problem. And less than half of the people who are on here visit the swapmeet section. Most here on a regular basis are here for the somewhat social reasons. Just some estimations based on what I see. So not really a very large group to sell parts for and very few responses for Wanted items either. Rod
I get on Fordbarn primarily to get answers to problems that I encounter. Most of the time the advice is very, very helpful.

I have also used the Wanted section and have had success in getting the item needed most of the times. In general, I have found Fordbarn to be useful, but not the only source of parts,etc. The classified sections of MARC, MAFCA,, MTFCA, and Early Ford Club of America are all good sources. Most my good sellers on e-bay have disappeared. Of course, I have been looking for original or NOS when I search.
Tom in SW VA is offline   Reply With Quote