Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2018, 07:28 PM   #11
Carbroke

Default Re: 1935-36 pickup restoration book

BUMP!!

Time to bring this up for discussion again.

Jerry and Lawson,

Decided to bump this thread into the present as there are still a bunch of folks who need, want, and desire the valuable information you have collected on these Pickups.

There is next to zero info available on these rigs. Try and find info on body parts, fasteners to assemble them, etc. I dare you!

Screw the Ford Club @$$()^%! and self publish; reap the profits for yourselves. There are a ton of authors who publish on Amazon and kindle w/o a relationship to big national publishing houses. While not having gone through the process myself, I'd bet you could query any of these folks and get a lot of info as to how to do it.

We don't live forever, and one of the best ways of achieving at least a little immortality is to put out a book. Your efforts and time should not end up wasted!

Hell, for the info you have in your hands right now I'd pay $100.00 bucks for right now, today, rough draft and all.

Maybe, if you don't actually publish it, thats a way to progress; sell drafts directly (copyrighted of course) to those who want the information.

It's high time your hard work and sacrifice is made available to the world. Regardless of the Ford Club registry (there's at least ONE 1936 FORD Pickup not reflected in their registry because of the way you have been treated on this), you guys deserve to be recognized for the efforts, time, and money you put into this project.

Time to let it out. Having your estate try to figure out what to do with it is not what you want to happen. At 65 myself, I know that's not what I would want.
Carbroke is offline   Reply With Quote