Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #21
Wisconsinjimmy

Default Re: Recieved title and sold it

Terry,
where did the scam come from, I purchased the car at auction for a small amount and to my surprise I made a small profit and I would rather have the car but my health has turned South so it is best to get out while I can, and since my last post I now have a check which is good (checked the bank). I will hold it until the person picks up the car last week in December. Rather have cash as checks leave a trail.
Wisconsinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #22
Ross/Kzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5window View Post
I seem to have missed your point here. Victim of what? Next door to the "tolet'?? Who's Susan Hogan? Surely not Captain Franks from Battlestar Galactica? I think you'd get more understanding, if not sympathy or help, if you'd actually say what happened and not try to be so cryptically cute. JMTC
I thought that I was the only one that didn't get it. Thanks!
Ross/Kzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 12-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #23
SkipShift

Congrats on the sale, glad it worked out. It seems many are leery of internet scams and rightfully so. I'm glad I don't shop at target.
SkipShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #24
bobv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
I also got 2 titles in MN for 2 of my A's, and had to pay a bonding company to bond them at 1 1/2 times the state's assessed value. In the end it cost me $500 and 18 months of running around to get my titles.

The bonding company keeps the bond money. I don't know why the state won't allow me to set up an escrow account, so I could get the money back?
I think Tom is correct around about 1-1/2 times value. The bond as it is called is basically an insurance policy payable to the state if problems arise. If there are no issues the only money moving around is what you paid the insurance company for the bond, they will keep that. I think my bond was required for 7 years or was it 3 and cost around $200. This was 2 years ago so can't recall for sure.
It seems as tho there was some way to put money in an account but it didn't seem like the thing to do.
bobv is offline   Reply With Quote