Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
glenn in camino

Default Ebay questions

Tuesday morning I listed 15-20 items for sale on Ebay Model A parts for sale. They emailed me that each separate item was listed. So far, none of the items have appeared on the Model A parts for sale site. I'm new at this and must have done something wrong. I have lots more stuff to sell, but I guess I need help. If they say that the stuff is listed, where did it go?
glenn in camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
Greg Jones

Default Re: Ebay questions

Sign in and go to "My Ebay" and click on selling (i.e., items you are selling). See if they are listed there. Normally the listings start right away unless you specify a particular starting date/time.
Greg Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
ronn

The question is-what did you list the parts under? When listing, you have several headings to choose from. Could be under car parts and then more specifically, exterior, lighting, doors, etc.
Also, could be under vintage car parts. There are many sub listings to put your parts under.
If your title states model A Ford-then there will be thousands of listings-it could also be under just model A, etc. you need to determine what you did or didn't do.
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
QGolden

Do a search for one of the items by name, see if it comes up. Then look at the category.

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
QGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
700rpm

Glenn, did you list the belt moldings?

As you go through life, keep your eye on the donut, not the hole.
700rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
jmeckel

Ebay has a new $#@&^/$$#@ security thing they do. If you are a new member or have not sold before they hold your listings sometimes for more than a day. They say it gives them time to check and make sure it is not a scam. How they check is a mystery, I opened my own account as I had been using the wifes, they held my listings and still do untill they decide that I am ok, never called, sent a an email or anything. After a day or so they just appear, they are in your my ebay but no one else can see them. Also when you sell a item they hold your money including what was collected for shipping for 2 weeks or so and you have to pay the shipping yourself, again they say they are "protecting" the buyer untill you have enough feed back.

"If you choose to not decide, you still have made a choice!" RUSH

Don't tell me what you know..... Tell me what you have done.
jmeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
Wisconsinjimmy

One thing when listing on epay and this is important, make sure you note NO REFUNDS in big bold letters and a loud color reason I say this is some one sooner than later will buy something from you then have buyers remorse once that happens epay will freeze your account on paypal and you will have to jump through hoops to get the hold removed. I listed an American Flyer dual control transformer and you might know the buyer after a couple days had remorse and claimed it was broke even though I listed it as used with no refunds and yes epay froze my account. I have learned my lesson and will not have anything to do with ebay
Wisconsinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #8
redmodelt

As long as you put them in Ebay Motors and have Ford Model A in the title you could list head lights under motor parts and they would still come up if you did a search with "Model A Ford headlight" in the title, that's what will show.
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #9
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever4 View Post
Well, considering that you did not include the words Ford or Model A in the title or description, it will be hard for anyone to find them, except a lucky blind hog.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/late-31-brak.../141125469162?

I found 21 of your items listed.
When I clicked on the link it shows Gary Johnson as the seller.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #10
Conair007

While I mastered eBay adds , I'm having your kind of trouble in ford barn. While I can read messages from people that have posted on this site, I can't figure out how to post stuff on this site. The top of the heading on this site has a place to click to see new post, but I can't find the only to post a new add. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. I'm like three days old in this site. Thanks happy thanksgiving all.
Conair007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:49 AM   #11
700rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conair007 View Post
While I mastered eBay adds , I'm having your kind of trouble in ford barn. While I can read messages from people that have posted on this site, I can't figure out how to post stuff on this site. The top of the heading on this site has a place to click to see new post, but I can't find the only to post a new add. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. I'm like three days old in this site. Thanks happy thanksgiving all.

Click on "The Swap Meet", select "For Sale", choose the category of cars you want to post to or read and click that. Then if you want to post an ad, choose "Start New Thread", just like here.

Welcome to The Barn.

As you go through life, keep your eye on the donut, not the hole.
700rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #12
karasmer

I would not have a no refund policy, it only looks suspicious and by the way EVERYTHING on Ebay comes with a 45 day refund policy no matter what you state in your ad.
karasmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #13
karasmer

Whoa, I just went through you listings and ya they need work, first use all the characters available in the title (you want to draw attention to your sale) second don' use the same shipping price for everything once you get the feel for what it costs to ship I use Fed Ex for large items and post office for others but usually compare, Ups is tricky I have been back charged three times for $8 each for using too much tape (no kidding). Once you make a few sale things will start to flow smoothly and the cash can pile up in a hurry, If I was retired I would sell old car parts full time, they way it is I clear about $15k a year with approx. 20 listings per week, fun and great way to fund the projects. PS also be careful with too many "Buy it now" options, that 50 cents they charge can add up quickly. And most importantly be extremely honest with the description and photos or you will be bit in the ass.
karasmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #14
Buz

I used to sell lots of extra parts that I accumulated over the years on eBay. But they make it rough on the seller these days, they will cancel your auction for no reason, and they also take about a 15% cut of the price what with using PayPal, etc. Seems like it is just not worth it anymore, lots of the things I would have sold on eBay I have just sold for scrap metal, much easier and absolutely no comeback complaints from buyers.

eBay badly needs some competition.
Buz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #15
eicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buz View Post
eBay badly needs some competition.
X2

I quit selling myself.

By selling small stuff, i.e. a $ here and there, I ended up losing money! Ebay based their fees to include the shipping also, which was usually more than the cost of the item. Just not worth it.

-Ron
eicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #16
ronn

as a side note- ebay is slowly getting out of the used goods and now trying to compete
with Amazon in the new goods categories. The new ceo has pretty much shot himself in the foot.... Meg where are you?

Kinda like Coke and Coke Classic...............
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #17
Ron Lachniet

When you find your ad look it over and edit the ad to find your intended audience. I really wish all model a owners would get mad and quit buying on e-bay, I am getting outbid too frequently.
Ron Lachniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
Roadster62

The economy sucks to put it honestly, not eBays fault, nobody has play money any more, $4.99 or less WITH FREE postage and you can't sell books or magazines. If you are selling items that fit in a Flat Rate Priority mail box don't overlook the overseas buyers. What may be junk in the USA is something they don't have in flea markets. PayPal makes overseas sales easy, and you get to make a friend in another counrty. Bob
Old 11-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #19
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Turley View Post
Tom, The eBay seller in that auction is grj1942 and that is not Gary Johnson.

Thanks Don. I though that was Gary's handle.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #20
Conair007

Thanks for the info, You helped me figure it out.
Conair007 is offline   Reply With Quote