Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #21
hbleadsled

Default Re: Bias or Radial Tires on stock front ends

35coupe, I use wide whites coker radials, Frank,Ol Ron, Brian, Jeff, Dick, Marvin, Coupe 5w 36 and me,are telling you right. if you or anyone likes holding tight on the steering wheel to keep your car-pu rrom darting all over the road for LOOKS its your car go ahead but you will be missing out on a great ride. Harold central coast Ca.
hbleadsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #22
Da Tinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmpa View Post
I hate radials i mean HATE....i had themon several carss and switched them back to bias plys....think of it this way your car was designed to run bias plys not radials...the radials do throw off suspension geometry slightly...and well cause premature wear....i know everyone well say this isnt true....but i had a completely rebuilt front end everything was brand new, had it aligned twice and had bushings wear out in 5000....replaced the bushings and switched back to plys and have put 10,000 miles on it with no issues at all....sold the car but i still do some service work on it from tim to time everything is still like new

I'm thinking you had other issues besides tires. Changing tire (staying same size) does nothing to the geometry of the suspension.

Radials wont increase the wear on your kingpins and such either, in fact with the more flexible sidewall they probably take some of the side load off the suspension.
Da Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #23
37don

I'm running Dimondbacks and I can't begin to tell you how much it improved the handling of our 37 sdn. We drive all over Newengland and I will never go back to Bias at any price.
Regards, Don
37don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #24
blawrence

Enjoy your ride. Run those radials with no front end issues. I wouldn"t put a bias ply on my wheel barrel..........
blawrence is offline   Reply With Quote