Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
chl

Default enough to make a book

I joined this forum in 2013 with limited knowledge about the model A. Many people who were around then very rarely now give advice if at all. I think that is unfortunate for newbies. Luckily for me I copied the advice from the most knowledgeable covering timing, brakes,electrical, cooling you name it. The information shared by these gentlemen CAN NOT all be found in books. Thanks to them I have my own reference from ford barn members who once frequented this site. Thank you for your contributions, I for one deeply appreciate the time and effort it took to share what you know.
chl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:06 PM   #2
wrndln

Default Re: enough to make a book

I agree with you, many knowledgeable people have left Fordbarn. I to don't get many useful responses to the post I make for help. I am not sure Fordbarn will ever be like it use to be - kind of sad.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
George Miller

The ones that try to help are doing it free. So when some one tries to make you look wrong all the time. kinda makes you say let them do it.
George Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
H. L. Chauvin

Hi chl,

I have (2) large binders with many printed replies from "only" the very early eras of the other Model A Ahooga Site going back to 1998.

Some may remember that many, many wonderful very detailed Model A responses and suggestions back then came from very kind and humble knowledgeable gentlemen like Mr. Marco, Mr. Vince Falter, Mr. Mike Flannagan, Mr. Glen Weilbaker, Mr. Bob Carrabio, Mr. Steve Wattrous, Mr. Bob Bidonde, Mr. Ron Cloat aka "Rainmaker Ron", Mr. Rick Black, Mr. Larry Jenkins, (naturally with a bit humor now & then), and the list goes on & on into the hundreds of responses.

As time went on, quite a bit later, even though most difficult to control, it was always so very sad to read about one gentleman's hurt feelings accompanied by his last message stating: "I'm outta here."

Even today, herein, and on the other Model A site, there will always be new, unique information presented never read before on Forums or never printed in books .... never a bad idea to copy and paste what one finds interesting.

A book written on what was never written about Model A's would be interesting.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #5
bambooboy

hi chl, i also join in 2013, was told by many members to buy this book or that book. never did.i use search on ford barn& have aways found info on my problem or concern.even the members that left are still on some of my searches
bambooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:38 PM   #6
H. L. Chauvin

Hi chl,

Also FWIW, I have many "printed" graphs, charts, and responses for Model A's that I copied from this older website years ago; however, when I try to re-copy same from this older website to email to someone, these former responses are no longer on this website, and are lost, possibly because of a glitch with the website or whatever.

Other similar vintage vehicles and similar Forums in the past have crashed and they were able to be partially restored because a few members copied and printed former questions and responses.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote