Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
coupe1942

Default Speedometer cable clip placement on frame

I have a 1930 ccpu, 82-B, that I am trying to get back in order and on the road again. The previous owner did some questionable things, so I am trying to replace and revive much os what was done incorrectly, as best I can.

Forget about the positive battery cable which is long enough to stretch from London to Texas, as it has already been removed and will be replaced. Same with the battery box holder assembly.

My question is regarding those clips for holding the speedometer cable up and off of the muffler so that the grease inside of it is not burned and the cable is essentially free or clear of obstructions. Where are these clips normally attached on the frame or elsewhere so that the cable is protected and free from laying on top of the muffler as shown in these photos?

Waiting on a new wiring harness and other parts to get the ol' Gal up and on the road as a daily driver. I haven't seen any photos of the placement for these speedometer cable clips and wondered if it was simply up to the owner to put them where they wanted them or if there was really some specific location for them?

Thanks for any input or photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 64-21790-A1.jpg (27.8 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg 64-21790.jpg (40.9 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg 458-2.jpg (104.9 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg 460-2.jpg (107.3 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg 464-2.jpg (95.6 KB, 375 views)
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote