Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-05-2022, 12:02 PM   #1
Terry, NJ

Default Classic Car museum, Morgantown, Pa

I was helping a guy out with his truck earlier this week and we decided to check ut the Classic Car Museum and Sales, in Morgantown, Pa. Glad we did! I never knew it was there! I'm guessing it's consignment operation so there's no admission charge. There's lot's of stuff with running boards and lots of stuff without! A number of old Cadilacs, a 54 Bently, 39/40 Crosley, a couple of 4 dr prewar Merc. convertibles, an original 1903/4 Ford Mod A. A 35 Holden Ute A roadster pickup. And the usual smattering of 50s and 60s Fords, Chevys, Pontiacs, GTOs Buicks, ETC, ETC, ETC yawn.... Many muscle cars. Quite a few A s, B s, and T s and 30s and 40s Fords and Chevys. High on my list was a replica Wright Mod. B Wright Flyer. Really worth seeing if your'e ever in the area!
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:37 PM   #2
nkaminar

Default Re: Classic Car museum, Morgantown, Pa

Hi Terry,

Can you provide a link to their site?
The clutch always sticks, and starts with a jerk.
My car grows red hair, and flies through the air.
Driving's a blast, a blast from the past.
nkaminar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 01:11 PM   #3
Chuck Dempsey

Found it - looks nice! https://www.classicautomall.com/
Chuck Dempsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:48 PM   #4
nkaminar

A wide variety of cars and trucks for sale, including several Model A's. Click on the Inventory tab. My favorite: a 1930 RR. One Model A is 1904 vintage. Prices seem a little high. All I need now is to win the lottery.
The clutch always sticks, and starts with a jerk.
My car grows red hair, and flies through the air.
Driving's a blast, a blast from the past.
nkaminar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:05 PM   #5
shew01

The 2022 MARC National Meet was held at the hotel adjacent to Classic Auto Mall. The meet was great—it was a perfect venue for car buffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:25 PM   #6
Terry, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shew01 View Post
The 2022 MARC National Meet was held at the hotel adjacent to Classic Auto Mall. The meet was great—it was a perfect venue for car buffs.

You're absolutely right! And I was there, but no time for looking. My knee and low back....I knew someday I'd get back to see it! From what I can see of it, It was an old shopping mall that was repurposed into an auto museum. Some cautions, The building is huge. It is also divided by the four cardinal points. Although, when you first enter the parking lot, you are on the south and there's a south entrance, but it is not used! You must go around to the north, (main) entrance that faces the Pa turnpike. If you don't realize this, you will not get in. Enjoy!
Terry

Last edited by Terry, NJ; 08-05-2022 at 08:33 PM.
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:57 PM   #7
shew01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry, NJ View Post
You're absolutely right! And I was there, but no time for looking. My knee and low back....I knew someday I'd get back to see it! From what I can see of it, It was an old shopping mall that was repurposed into an auto museum. Some cautions, The building is huge. It is also divided by the four cardinal points. Although, when you first enter the parking lot, you are on the south and there's a south entrance, but it is not used! You must go around to the north, (main) entrance that faces the Pa turnpike. If you don't realize this, you will not get in. Enjoy!
Terry

I agree. It has an odd entrance based on how you enter the parking lot. I suppose the owner wanted to get viewers from the turnpike (and entice the viewers to visit).

I think it’s a great way to resurrect a failed shopping mall.

shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 11:02 AM   #8
Gary Karr

The Classic Auto Mall is a great spot to spend the day looking at a variety of cars and trucks. It was a perfect setting for the MARC national meet, with tons of meeting space inside for everything from car judging to banquets as well as unlimited parking space for trucks and trailers as well as the swap meet. The host hotel was actually connected to the mall. It was one of the best MARC meets I have attended.
Gary Karr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:22 PM   #9
hep1966

I grew up in the Morgantown area and spent a lot of time at that building when it was a “real” shopping mall. Used to have a decent food court in the middle of the N, S, E, W entrances. The compass designations helped you remember where you parked and also find stores using the directory. Was a great place to shop factory outlet type stores for about 10 years and then went downhill. Was vacant for a while and then a few stores were rented out. I think the entrance to the car consignment business is located on the north side since that area was where the largest prior tenant was so it was more updated than other areas. The south side is the most logical and easiest access point of the complex but won’t get you into the auto mall.
hep1966 is offline   Reply With Quote